corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Australia - Sailing the Whitsundays

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Australia - Sailing the Whitsundays
James

User status: Offline
31st Jan 10 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who's done this?

We are looking at a 3 day/3 night package but don't really have a clue which boat to go for.

The Anaconda III has been recommended but I don't have a clue.

Thanks.
Nath

31st Jan 10 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd imagine Tiger would be the man to ask.
James

31st Jan 10 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's my itinerary so far, had to sack off Cairns due to lack of time which is a shame but we are going to get a boat that goes to the outer barrier reef when we are sailing the Whitsundays!

Paul_J

31st Jan 10 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have.

I was on board a boat called Samurai or something, about 16 of us + crew on board... took bbq food and beer on board.

Was great, helped sail the ship during the day, got pissed at night, explored islands and went snorkling / scuba diving the next few days.

One of the coolest feelings being anchored up in the whitsundays at night, moon shining down but complete silence - looking out at islands.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=47872&id=508398259&l=4b0e83c3ad
Paul_J

31st Jan 10 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm, with your itenary above, you're maybe trying to do too much in a short time.

The fraser island for example... I think half the enjoyment of fraser island is renting a jeep and going exploring / camping for a few days with a group, not sure if you can do that in your small timeframe.

To be honest, you aren't missing much skipping Cairns. There's nothing there if you're not using it for a scuba experience.
James

31st Jan 10 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Hmm, with your itenary above, you're maybe trying to do too much in a short time.

The fraser island for example... I think half the enjoyment of fraser island is renting a jeep and going exploring / camping for a few days with a group, not sure if you can do that in your small timeframe.

To be honest, you aren't missing much skipping Cairns. There's nothing there if you're not using it for a scuba experience.

We've got a package of 4x4 hire and camping equipment for 2 days/1 night on Fraser Island. Would have preferred longer but not got much choice!
Paul_J

1st Feb 10 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

excellent mate

you'll have a great time then mate!

Can't fault you're itenary, looks pretty spot on!
Jas

1st Feb 10 at 02:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done it all last year..

fraser turns out to be 3 with the night in the hostel before

Don't rush it all mate.. whitsundays is stunning.. unbelievable and some of the lakes on fraser will take your breath away
Jas

1st Feb 10 at 02:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and look out for a red and white quiksilver flip flop im gutted, its on the campsite

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Australia - Sailing the Whitsundays 22 database queries in 0.0115778 seconds