corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » petition to make a road safer

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author petition to make a road safer
cpcrampton

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 10 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there has been many deaths on a stretch of road over the past few years known as the doller bends. there is a petition to make the road safer by making the road straight or introducing speed cameras. i want some ones opinion before i make this comment to make sure its ok. Thanks

I have used this road for 5 years since i was 17 years old traveling to Muckhart from Tillicoultry almost 5 times a week.I have to say in my opinion the recent accidents on the road have been down to driver error ie. people not driving to the conditions. The road has undergone some improvements over the past couple of years introducing grippy surfaces to the tighter corners but that’s all, there are no major potholes to repair, the road surface is good. There is no need to straighten the road the costs would be uncalled for. Certain people would not stick to a new speed limit on the road making it more dangerous for other road users. To make the road safer the surrounding area around the road could be cleared to remove any static objects that could be hit in the event of an accident.

do you think this is ok?

Ben G

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speed cameras don't always make a road safer as people just slow down the speed up again.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » petition to make a road safer 22 database queries in 0.3467789 seconds