corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » having probs with missus' polo

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author having probs with missus' polo
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Mar 03 at 00:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shes got a mark 4 polo, and basically its being a bitch. Now the end of the tailpipe is rusted away, splintered and foOKed, which makes me think its probably rusted all the way along.

Most of the time it fires up then stalls immediately, unless straight away u give it loads of gas and get the revs bouncing off the rev limiter in neutral, then it drives fine, no problem apart from being a bit loud ( put that down to the exhaust)

could it be a problem to do with back pressure not building up enough or something along those lines, I wa thinking the revs might be making the gas flow through the system easier as its more forceful, but not 100% sure.

if it is this or something else u can think of, whats the solution, is it just a new sytem, possibly, cat back or at leats to wherever the problem tracks back to, or could iot be more serious.

other than that the cars in A1 condition and has been well looked after, although standard its got a FVWSH, and isnt that old really.

[Edited on 10-03-2003 by LiVe LeE]
Richie

10th Mar 03 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try a new fuel filter, and replace the exhaust.
Munchie

10th Mar 03 at 01:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try buying spearmint next time
Cybermonkey

10th Mar 03 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check to see if it has rusted all the way along first! The tailpipe is the coldest part of the exhaust system and moisture doesnt tend to evaporate at this part. Get it looked at.

Dave
RichR
Premium Member

10th Mar 03 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers fo ur suggestions, gonna get it up on the ramps in my garage in a min, take a look see

New Poll