corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Alternative security?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alternative security?
dangermouse2503

User status: Offline
4th Feb 10 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reeto, just purchased myself a very clean shelled Corsa Merit for not much coin.

Its the most basic of basic and has the transponder in the key.

Does this mean the car wont start without the key, even if attempted to be hot-wired?

Apart from the pbvious of hide your valuables and fit an alarm and immobilisor, has anyone got any good alternative security measures to keep those thieving scrotes at bay?

Already got 2 big dogs but couldnt leave them in the car in fear of mrs hitting me.

Used to tilt drivers seat forward and fit a bike crook look through the headrest and steering wheel in past cars but any other suggestions would be fantastic

[Edited on 04-02-2010 by dangermouse2503]
x14xe sport

4th Feb 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

move to a decent area.....
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

4th Feb 10 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

disconnect something in the engine bay.
dangermouse2503

4th Feb 10 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by x14xe sport
move to a decent area.....

Easier said than done pal lol

And does such a place exist?
pow
Premium Member

4th Feb 10 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fit a hidden switch in line with the fuel pump to switch it off when your not in the car.

I think these are a fantastic idea as well, unscrew the black thing and the car wont start, but allows eneough charge for radio/alarm stuff to keep going.
pow
Premium Member

4th Feb 10 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.motorspeed.com/store_main.asp?int_catalog_id=5&int_category_id=42&int_subcategory_id=0&int_product_id=2213

Forgot link sowwie!
dangermouse2503

4th Feb 10 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
http://www.motorspeed.com/store_main.asp?int_catalog_id=5&int_category_id=42&int_subcategory_id=0&int_product_id=2213

Forgot link sowwie!

Thats fantastic! Many thanks for the heads up on that one
AlexW

4th Feb 10 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depending on the engine the car will start for 5secs.

Not much chance of the crocks nicking the car, more damaging it or breaking into it for something.

Unfortunately the most common type of stealing cars is breaking into your house. Keep your keys hidden, safe and concentrate on house security.
pow
Premium Member

4th Feb 10 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dangermouse2503
quote:
Originally posted by pow

Forgot link sowwie!

Thats fantastic! Many thanks for the heads up on that one

If I ever own a car that doesn't have any security, I'll have one of those!

Bloke I know at work has a auto micra he knocks around in. Has one of those on it and just leaves the car unlocked. Anyone can get into it (he leaves NOTHING in it, hasn't even got a stereo!) but can't start it without the black thingy

[Edited on 04-02-2010 by pow]
CorsaJKO

4th Feb 10 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that bit of kit looks quality! where does it sit though? Wouldn't you have to pop the bonnet everytime you go back to your car to put the black thing on lol?
neil h

4th Feb 10 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you would 'cus it connects straight to the battery terminal. Though Pows idea with the hidden switch to cut the fuel pump is probably the best overall just cus its easier to start.
Swiftay

4th Feb 10 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com/version6/index.html

oceansoul

4th Feb 10 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your doing that battery disconnecter thing i.e. going under the bonnet each time, you might as well just take the master (5th) ht lead off the dizzy (if its old and has a dizzie). What i used to do sometimes on my nova if left in dodgey spaces.
DaveyLC

5th Feb 10 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its got a transponder key it wont start without it.. So no point disconnecting stuff or fart arsing around installing hidden swtiches.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Alternative security? 22 database queries in 0.0959439 seconds