corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Corsa B 1.0 12v Envoy

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 12v Envoy
Daveskater
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Feb 10 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make - Vauxhall
Model - Corsa
Engine - 1.0 12v X10XE
Mileage - 56, 188
Price - £1300

Location - Near Oxford
Contact email address - daveskater [AT] corsasport [DOT] co [DOT] uk

General information -

After moving up to a Corsa C I reluctantly have to sell my much loved Corsa B. If it had a bigger engine then I wouldn't be selling! It has 13 months MOT and the tax runs out in August. It was serviced last year by myself which included oil, filter and pollen filter. I have a folder with loads of receipts for services and parts etc. It is a 1999 V reg so for the year it has great mileage. Being Envoy spec it doesn't have many mod cons, but with group 2 insurance it's an ideal first car. It has served as my first for the last two years and I've become quite attached to it, but needs must!

Reliability wise it's never let me down, the only time it hasn't started is when the battery was dying, which was the original 9 year old battery so is fair! The oil pressure sensor and air flow meter failed, which is common on these engines, but have both been replaced. I've never taken it over 3k rpm until warm and then kept it under 5k rpm. Rolling road tested at Torque of the Devil in November 2009 @ 58bhp and 68lb/ft.

Mods include:

• 16" Irmscher Softstar alloy wheels in 99% perfect condition, a couple of marks on the rim you wouldn't see unless you looked hard. One was refurbished in August 2009. Tyres are all Yokohama S-drive 195/45/16 with plenty of tread left
  • Apex Sport -60mm springs and shocks suspension kit installed 6/6/09
  • Ashley Competition backbox with 3" inward rolled tip and LMF exhaust reducer for connection onto centre section. Makes a great rumble and is pretty loud, especially after 4k rpm!
  • K&N panel filter with de-restricted airbox and also side part removed from airbox
  • Medium smoke side repeaters with orange bulbs
  • Rear spoiler off of a 1.6 Sport in Arden Blue, so original paintwork and perfect colour match. Screwed and bonded on with original fixing bracket
  • LMF blue beesting aerial (I also have the original)
  • De-badged front grille with Irmscher "i" badge attached
  • Rev counter clocks fitted, fully working
  • Colour coded boot lock surround - could do with repainting if I'm honest. Also have original partly sanded with badge removed, but still have badge if required
  • Colour coded wing mirrors - again painted by myself, not to an amazing standard I'll admit, but not bad for rattlecans on a driveway
  • Flatblade wipers - not really a mod, but they're virtually new
  • There were 6x9 speakers installed, so the parcel shelf will have holes for 6x9's, or I could get a replacement shelf if preferred

I have original parts for most of the mods, including wheels, clocks and grille.

In October 2009 it was given a full Stage 2 detail by Rich H who owns Refined Detail. The paintwork has never been better overall, even when the car is dirty it still looks clean. Being 10 years old it has a few scratches but nothing major. A thread on the detail can be seen here: http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=523773

Body/paintwork:

There are a couple of strange scratches that seem to have taken some lacquer off but have not gone through the paint. Other than that there are usual stone chips on the bonnet and a dent in the front o/s wing that looks like it could be easily removed but has never bothered me. There is a small dent in the boot to the left of the numberplate recess that due to the location might not be removable, but again is not a big deal. The passenger door doesn't line up perfectly, it looks as if it has hit something when being opened. Fitting a new door would be an easy fix. No scratches or dents have been acquired in my ownership that I am aware of, all blemishes were on the car when I bought it. There is virtually no rust on the car, the only bits I've ever noticed are on the passenger door in the bottom corner where some paint has come away and there's the tiniest bit of bubbling under the lip of the bonnet, as is common. There is a small crack in the paint on the passenger door next to the b-pillar which has rusted slightly but hasn't gotten worse since it appeared.

Email or u2u me on here with any questions, I will be happy to answer them. But for now, I'll let the pictures do the talking.

[Edited on 15-02-2010 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Corsa B 1.0 12v Envoy 25 database queries in 0.0118620 seconds