corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » hi all i am new here and wanting to now if any body has ever changed a corsa diesel to petrol

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hi all i am new here and wanting to now if any body has ever changed a corsa diesel to petrol
bambam

User status: Offline
7th Feb 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i have just got a corsa diesel . its got full gsi kit and interior . its had rear disc conversion lowered on g.max springs and shockers and its just had a full respray . but what i am really wanting to do is drop iver a red top motor in it or a let . but i dont no if i should just get a petrol but this car is in mint condition only done 88000 miles from new and i am only the 4th owner .

so if any body on here as ever done the diesel to petrol conversion any help would be gratefull thanks
Twiggy

8th Feb 10 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can be done Just need new tank and lines as changing engine anyways... A new fuel pump?
ed

8th Feb 10 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People have done it before when doing 2.0 conversions. Last I heard it wasn't even necessary to change the tank or fuel lines as they were the same, obviously you need to drain all the diesel out first! You'd need to fit an MPI fuel pump as the diesel engines will have had a mechanical pump fitted to the engine rather than an electric one in the tank. The wiring ought not to be much of a problem, just remove the engine loom and use the 2.0 one, the starter loom from the diesel should work on the 2.0. I'm not sure what engine mounts the diesel uses so I couldn't tell you what kit you need for that.

Good luck!
bambam

8th Feb 10 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks lads i reckon am going to give it ago like as my step dad owns his own garage so i have all the tools there . and i think that i might put the 2.5 v6 engine in it in stead of the red top 2.0 16v engine as its been done alot round here the 2.0 16v conversion . so i think i am going to do some thing different .
Gazdaman

8th Feb 10 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diesels even already have the right drive shafts for a 2 litre conversion.
Rob E

8th Feb 10 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I looked into this when I had my diesel corsa, you have to move the OS engine mount forward by two inches (cut and reweld the chassis leg)
bambam

8th Feb 10 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that for the 2.0 16v red top conversion gazdaman / rob E or is it just the 2.0 8v thanks for the help aswell lads
ed

8th Feb 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8v and 16v use the same block so it will be for both.
bambam

9th Feb 10 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks ed
Rob E

9th Feb 10 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=301276

Heres my old thread I made about it....way back in 2006 A couple of pointers and alternative suggestions for power
bambam

9th Feb 10 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is already running the izuzu 1.7 td engine rob E with a different inlet and full zorst system induction kit adjustable boost . but i want to make it petrol . it said in your thread about having to weld the engine mount in place on drivers side is that true . and some dude was on about vectra wiring looms is that true . thanks for the help
bambam

9th Feb 10 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=519053

thats the link to the car i have if any body wants to tell me what they think of it . co i think its worthy of a bigger engine in it to be honest . or am going to sell it to get a red top
Mark B

9th Feb 10 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gazdaman
Diesels even already have the right drive shafts for a 2 litre conversion.

no they dont.......the mounts in the wrong place but u could weld the right one on with out much
trouble

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » hi all i am new here and wanting to now if any body has ever changed a corsa diesel to petrol 22 database queries in 0.0330291 seconds