corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » cat and fiddle.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cat and fiddle.
Pants

User status: Offline
16th Feb 10 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any body else see on the news about them putting speed cameras on the cat and fiddle up buxton. Bit of a shame as its a good run.
Limecat
Banned

16th Feb 10 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't. Where abouts as it is near me?

I almost binned my car up there whilst running it in!
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

16th Feb 10 at 00:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only had a proper run of it once, did it again a few weeks back but there was still snow about and it was about -2 up there a proper run would've been stupid.

I s'pose that's just how it's going now. I've heard recently about speed cameras hidden in horseboxes on the Evo Triangle too, another one I've only had one run of.

Seems a good time to be building a track car, handy I'm already on the case
challinor

16th Feb 10 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that will be a shame good road that had plenty of brown moments lol
Ben J

16th Feb 10 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There has been cameras at top for a while.....on EVO you just have to watch for "builders" vans and "horseboxes"!!
lostboy
Banned

16th Feb 10 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought putting cameras up without a warning that they're there was illegal, even though its a bit stupid to try and catch speeders yet tell them where the cameras are.

[Edited on 16-02-2010 by lostboy]
Mike
Premium Member

16th Feb 10 at 01:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
There has been cameras at top for a while.....on EVO you just have to watch for "builders" vans and "horseboxes"!!

And the shithouse of a blind bend straight after a crest

It somehow gets you into a false sense of security then by the time you get to that point, you slow cos it's blind but when you're over the crest realise that the road sweeps left and you'd only actually slowed to about 60, poo then depending how you react, understeer your way round or as in my case, dab the brakes and poo again as the back end lets go and with a bit of opposite lock you carry on on your way
Ben J

16th Feb 10 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My closest call was with a sheep....I was inches literally from hitting one at XXXmph. Seriously scared me!!
lostboy
Banned

16th Feb 10 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My closest call was with a sheep....I was inches literally from hitting one at XXXmph. Seriously scared me!!

I had something similar with a bull that had escaped from a field, imagine hitting that at 60 mph in a Nova, I dare say the bull would live and I'd die
Mike
Premium Member

16th Feb 10 at 01:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Animals are bastards at times. I was driving down a narrow bit of the A49 a while back, came round a bend and there was a cockerel over to the left side of my lane and an S type Jag coming towards me on the other side How I missed the cock I will never know
DAZ1985

16th Feb 10 at 01:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome road for some air bourne antics
challinor

16th Feb 10 at 01:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i ran over a rabbit on there felt sad after lol
Pants

16th Feb 10 at 01:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah something to do with the amount of accidents and deaths.
Pants

16th Feb 10 at 02:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah something to do with the amount of accidents and deaths.
DAZ1985

16th Feb 10 at 02:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a very forgiving road, even the staight bits are dodgey, let alone negative camber corners after a brow on the hill. treat it with respect and its ok though
x14xe sport

16th Feb 10 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i hit a sheep whilts ton up once going round a corner, it went through the bumper and radaitor and killed my fun instantly, smelt funny for weeks after as i didnt bother cleaning the left overs off the manifold etc
Rich H

16th Feb 10 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
Animals are bastards at times. I was driving down a narrow bit of the A49 a while back, came round a bend and there was a cockerel over to the left side of my lane and an S type Jag coming towards me on the other side How I missed the cock I will never know

What the guy in the Jag or the bird?

Never done either of these roads as they are moon miles away Something to consider as a mission for this year though me thinks!
tomo9992

16th Feb 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
quote:

Never done either of these roads as they are moon miles away Something to consider as a mission for this year though me thinks!

i think it was a joke
Mike
Premium Member

16th Feb 10 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Someone got it then
mwg

16th Feb 10 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never driven on it but it was on the news last night. They said it'll be average speed cameras for a 50mph limit. Some people said even if you were really flying you wouldn't do over 50 on average because of how tight some of the corners are?
Rich H

16th Feb 10 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tomo9992
quote:
quote:

i think it was a joke

Hence the jokey reply
mattk

16th Feb 10 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im always at the cat and fiddle, normaly at some point most weekends, the limit is 50mph and tbh you can have fun and not exceed that on that road, its a belter, its great if you carry it on through to matlock and then into glossop and home through snake pass, had many good days in the peak district
SportBoy

16th Feb 10 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless you go on a sunday and its a big traffic jam.
mattk

16th Feb 10 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its best if you go at 1am, its deserted and you can see well in advance if anything is comming the other way
Linch

16th Feb 10 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is like a road right next to me, my dad was in a crash on it back in the 70's in his brothers 3.0 Capri, It is an awsome road but can have its arse twitching moments. Been that many deaths on it the speed limit in now 50mph.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2007/11/08/road-claims-third-victim-in-one-year-61634-20078467/

The driver of that car killed his girlfriend, previous to that he crashed through a pub window a year earlier and injured about 4 people.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » cat and fiddle. 22 database queries in 0.0147600 seconds