corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » rant

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rant
scoob
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Feb 10 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been to view a clio 172 at a dealer the car was advertised with fsh ect, got there had a look round it was tatty but not to bad wing mirror taped on ect. we agreed that if i bought it i wanted things puting right on it first that was all fine. i then asked to see the service history befor we did the deal, she comes back to me saying she cant find it so she asks a sales man who says to me we can just assume it has none its common for a car of that age to wich i not even receipt for any work done on the car i told him that the car was advertised with fsh he just looked at the floor so i asked him would he buy a car with no history told him it was a fucking joke and walked out.

somone will buy that car tho without asking to see history and it will be to late i think thats what they were hoping for with me dont get me wrong the car could be 100% fine but i like to see its had abit of care even a few old bills for parts ect but nothing!

rant over
gavin18787
Premium Member

17th Feb 10 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

especially with 172's as you will want to know that the belts etc have been done recently as its a fairly pricey job

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
MarkSport

17th Feb 10 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same thing with my car,I was the 2nd owner but got hold of the 1st owners details after the garage i bought it from decided not to help me out.Ended up getting all the history from new sent to me
am4nf

17th Feb 10 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I made the gf drive me about 400 miles to see a supposedy mint brocade corsa with fsh etc etc, got there and every panel bar the boot had scratches dents and rust all over (even the roof) so I got him down a fair amount in the price (about 700) then asked to see the fsh, when he brought me back the book it had the first two services done and that was it, to which he replied its only done 40k it wouldnt have had many other services anyway

(oh and it was also listed as a private sale, but was a garage)
scoob
Premium Member

17th Feb 10 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was only 8 miles away from me but i was still
Griffiths1991

17th Feb 10 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just looked at the floor clearly a cock then isnt he mate.

[Edited on 17-02-2010 by Griffiths1991]
scoob
Premium Member

17th Feb 10 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he was just trying for a sale dont blame him really its his income, like i said somone will buy it
antnee

17th Feb 10 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had similar when I went 150miles down to Surrey for the Ibiza I had now I was told;

-had long (more than 6months MOT)
-would have more than a month or 2 tax
-had FSH
-had belts done

Got there and none of that was true,

MOT was about a month
tax was similar
had part service history
belts hadn't been done

Then had the usual arguement over what prices what costs, said he could get the cambelt done for less than what the genuine kit costs!
am4nf

17th Feb 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon most people who sell their car dont have a clue what fsh means but they see it on other ads so fire it in anyways
All Torque

17th Feb 10 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to view an MX 5 on monday night and wish I hadn't NO service history at all, it was tatty and rusty, it was a part ex to a private seller who handed me a key then just went back in her house. Utter wreck of a car
random dav
Premium Member

17th Feb 10 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing worse then cockhead car dealers

WRLFC !

Project cars
scoob
Premium Member

18th Feb 10 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cockheads indeed

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » rant 23 database queries in 0.0096331 seconds