corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just got my car back and i still think its broke (help)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author just got my car back and i still think its broke (help)
Matt L

User status: Offline
18th Feb 10 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its been and had the following done;

- Rear strut (near side)
- front arb + bushes
- Wishbone bushes
- Vaccum pipe
- new disks and pads at the front

now my drive there i was in the new shape ibiza which had 80bhp derv engine in mine should be 130bhp... all the suspension noises it went in with have gone and handles better BUT

the drive back which i was looking forward to turned into bitter disappointment as there was literally fuck all power, the hire car would of demolished it 1st 2nd and 3rd = a bit of power but you cant feel the turbo spool or kick in which normally came in around 1800 revs 4th and 5th nothing

i mean foot to the floor in 4th and 5th = no change in speed whats so ever, so i pull up outside my house turn the car off and the engine rattles when you switch it off (never done it before) so turned it back on and went for a small drive litterally to the end of the street and back and 1st 2nd and 3rd all felt a little bit more powerful but still no where near what it was before it went in didnt try 4th/5th as wasnt enough space.

question is really... does the vaccum pipe need to be run in or is it the new pads and disks thats holding the car back?

or have the fudged something up to make it rattle when its turned off and no power?

my original thoughts were they had wiped the map off it but even before the map it still pulled a million times better.

so atm it looks like another call to seat tomorrow and not a happy call.
scottyp1989

18th Feb 10 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its a vaccum pipe to manifold/turbo it could cause bad running problems
Matt L

18th Feb 10 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know what it is they have changed but its seriously fucked foot to the floor in 3rd can barely get me to 40mph

phone call to seat first thing in the morning .

[Edited on 18-02-2010 by Matt L]
John

19th Feb 10 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like the sort of thing you get when the MAF is faulty.
Matt L

19th Feb 10 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just called and got to drive all the way back to crewe in it after work.
Fro

19th Feb 10 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's uber ghey! don't let them charge you for anything as it happened while in their posession
Matt L

19th Feb 10 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh i wont dont worry i've never moaned at a place for pissing me off but i can see me going nuts if they try and charge me anything to fix it.

[Edited on 19-02-2010 by Matt L]
BarnshaW

19th Feb 10 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like an air flow sensor, had exactly same problem on a bmw.
Matt L

19th Feb 10 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would that make any lights appear?

and it wouldnt explain the vibration/shudder when i turn the engine off would it?
patmore

19th Feb 10 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would it not be a kinked/collapsed Boost hose ?

[Edited on 19-02-2010 by patmore]
Planty02

19th Feb 10 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hugs Matt
Matt L

19th Feb 10 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks ian

slightly new development 40 in 5th the car keeps jerking like its about to stall fucking epic.

Richardhhha

19th Feb 10 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

boost pipe is knackered
Sensor is up the swanny
Wast gate nackered

Just tell them to gtf and fix your car, and if they dont fix it this time the you'll back the car.. That will get them moving and also say that you will be lodging a complaint with seat uk about them returning your car still faulty.
jase77

19th Feb 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that seat dealership in crewe is crap i would never go there again they tried sell me a car 2 grand more than it was on trader for sale.
Mike GSi

19th Feb 10 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try unplugging the MAF/AFM and the MAP Sensors to see if things change?

I had the same thing on my M3 unplugged the AFM and it ran like a dream, it was just a split air pipe between the AFM and TB's
Matt L

19th Feb 10 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well... im back and im still not 100% convinced but thankfully will at ptorque has said i can take it down and he can plug it in to see if its still mapped and he will flash it back on for me if not.

anyway... how this evening went

drive over still with it being shit lol, they plug it in and check it over to see whats up, come back in after they drove it and say it was the vac pipe that had popped off, so i drove it down the road, still down on power (turbo didnt kick in till 2500 revs ) so turned round and said its still not right.

so the bloke jumped in the car so i could show him (how he didnt pick this up on the test drive ill never know) and when i parked up told him to note the fact the car still vibrated, at which point we were talking about the fact it was mapped before i dropped it at which point he let slip that they may have wiped it as they had to reset some settings on the ecu when they changed the pipe, so he took it back in and had another look round it.

sales bloke came back this time said hes had another look and said theres nothing wrong with it so if you want to go and have another test drive of it, so off i go and its much better but im still not 100% convinced the power is what it was but its a million times better than it was and the vibrating has stopped aswell when you turn it so i go back and say yeah its better and ask what they did to it.... suprisingly no one knew what he did which has made me dount a bit more as to if its 100% right as 50-70 in 5th still feels slow and its not quite the same amount of urgancy as before it went in.

hence the phone call to ptorque so hopefully once its been there again i should be a bit happier with the car

moral of the story so far is ignore all weird noises the car makes and never take it to dealers as none of this would of happened

jr

19th Feb 10 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L

and it wouldnt explain the vibration/shudder when i turn the engine off would it?

that is a classic VAG EGR/Overrun valve issue
jr

19th Feb 10 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant see a map beeing wiped unless they did a re flash of the ecu for upgraded software
Richardhhha

19th Feb 10 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well you know the vibrating is because something was loose which they would have tightened when you took it back..

The power issue i most probably because they have put the latest ecu update on the car and it has most probable gone and wiped the map. At least its fixed now, when it goes in to get mapped they will most probably be able to give you more of an idea what they have done ecu wse

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just got my car back and i still think its broke (help) 22 database queries in 0.0187721 seconds