corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Wenger and his obsession with "shielding" Walcott

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wenger and his obsession with "shielding" Walcott
Marc

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 10 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8528777.stm

Where does he get all this from? Hes been trying to protect him since he came to the club. He's 20 years old FFS hes not a teenager anymore.
Cosmo

22nd Feb 10 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, Id of agreed with him a few years ago, but not now!
Nath

22nd Feb 10 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Walcott is playing shit anyway. As it stands he wont get near the England starting XI.
p

22nd Feb 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Walcott has pretty much done fuck all since he joined F'Arsenal. Has he improved any way what so ever ? I am not so sure he has that much.
Ojc

22nd Feb 10 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Croatia, hat trick.
p

22nd Feb 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Croatia, hat trick.

Yeh but christ that was once in a blue moon wasn't it. And anyway thats England not F'Arsenal. I rate Walcott with the ability the guy has, i mean we all know he is lightning quick yet he doesn't seem to know how to use his pace. Also doesn't help without having a position to stick to, plus he seems to be always injured so he's going to struggle with rhythm, consistency etc

Just seems that 16 year old when he left Southampton to join Arsenal and he hasn't done anything major in those four years. Yes the hatrick was awesome but apart from that....
mwg

22nd Feb 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wengers a faggot
Marc

23rd Feb 10 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wanted Orrob's take on the situation
Ryan

23rd Feb 10 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agbonglahor over walcott for me.
Ben J

23rd Feb 10 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh Walcott needs to grow some balls, find some form and try and not break his glass shoulder.

[Edited on 23-02-2010 by Ben J]
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

International teams will not be able to handle Walcott... thats why he will definately be on the plane if he can stay fit.

Have any of you actually seen him play live? I have - and I can tell you he is terrifying to play against. When he has had a run of games he has been arsenals best player - he scores goals and makes them. More importantly teams will double up on him and that leaves lots of room for Mr Rooney and Mr Lampard to play in.

Rooney plays best up front by himself supported by extremely quick attacking players in midfield - valencia, ronaldo, evra, nani ect - -- walcot and rooney will be great together.

If we can turn up to South Africa with Rooney, Walcot, Lampard, Barry, Gerrard and Terry all fit we will win the world cup.

People need to get off the Walcot is shit bandwagon ...... its not true... I admitt he is unproven and the injuries are a worry - but he has all the attributes to be a world class player and imo he is crucial to Englands chances mof success in the coming years

[Edited on 24-02-2010 by Dr Pepper]
Marc

24th Feb 10 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
If we can turn up to South Africa with Rooney, Walcot, Lampard, Barry, Gerrard and Terry all fit we will win the world cup.

Screen shot taken.
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:

Screen shot taken.

You can bank that one---- we have got this world cup in the bag.... there are no outstanding teams out there, we have a great draw, we have the best squad we have ever gone to a world cup with....we are going to win this one, im not even celebrating when we win the semifinal- im going there to win this one.

Seriously - we dont even need to debate the squad/team formation this time.... just leave it to Capello, not only is he the best manager in the World, he is also the luckiest manager in the world. He has a look on his face which makes me think he knows he is going to win this tornament with England.

mwg

24th Feb 10 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If we meet Spain they'll dick all over us. They are the favourites for me.
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
If we meet Spain they'll dick all over us. They are the favourites for me.

I dont think Spain will handle us ... Rooney will get his hatrick against spain imo. Capello isnt their manager - that makes us favourits against them in my book.

Spain are not all that - bunch of greasy haired, midget nancy boys .... Rooney up front by himself and our midfield will boss the fuk out of them...they dont like it up em the spanish. Spain are good when they are on top but they havnt got any spine - as a nation they are mentally weak - We will bash the fuk out of spain, capello wont let them play against us

Seriously - we have got to stop treating this spain team as if they are untouchable.... they are no better than we are. They have a better keeper than us and thats about it imo. They won a european championship that we were not in volved with and thats all they have ever done. Most of their players have never played in a champions league final or the later stages of a world cup...... we are better than them.

Marc

24th Feb 10 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still think we're looking at 1/4 finals or 1/2 final if we're lucky.
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I still think we're looking at 1/4 finals or 1/2 final if we're lucky.

Your wrong- When we win the world cup you can apologise to me. Who is going to beat us? Capello doesnt get beat in quarter finals, he gets lucky in quarter finals.

Since 1988 I have seen every England team play live in the run up to a major championship.

This current team has The best striker we have had in that time, the best midfield we have had in that time, the best two central defenders I have ever seen play for england....and most imporstantly the best Manager England has ever had.

We have this one in the bag.

Marc

24th Feb 10 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the usual suspects will come good. Brazil, Spain, France, Italy etc
mwg

24th Feb 10 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Without looking in detail I imagine they are pretty good at coping on the big stage when the bulk of their starting 11 probably comes from teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think the usual suspects will come good. Brazil, Spain, France, Italy etc

How are Spain the usual suspects.... they have a worst record than we do at world cup finals.

Brazil are poor, France are woefull and Italy are old, lacking goals and dont even have the great defence they once did.

Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Without looking in detail I imagine they are pretty good at coping on the big stage when the bulk of their starting 11 probably comes from teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid

What have Real Madrid done on the world stage in recent years.... not much.

The Spanish league is crap anyway - those top teams would struggle like hell if they had to come and play in the premiership.

Lampard puts in better performances weeks in week out than any spaniosh midfielder does...and he has done for the last ten years.

Rooney is better than anything else in the world other than drogba....and that only becase drogba is older

Terry would get into any team in the world.
p

24th Feb 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

What have Real Madrid done on the world stage in recent years.... not much.

The Spanish league is crap anyway - those top teams would struggle like hell if they had to come and play in the premiership.

Lampard puts in better performances weeks in week out than any spaniosh midfielder does...and he has done for the last ten years.

Rooney is better than anything else in the world other than drogba....and that only becase drogba is older

Terry would get into any team in the world.

Yes sir
Dr Pepper

Seriously people - we already have one hand on the world cup. You have my word.
Marc

quote:
How are Spain the usual suspects.... they have a worst record than we do at world cup finals.

They are usually there or there abouts. Current Euro holders, I wouldn't dismiss them.
Marc

24th Feb 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you placed a bet on us winning?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Wenger and his obsession with "shielding" Walcott 23 database queries in 0.0138688 seconds