corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Serious question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Serious question
Butler

User status: Offline
1st Mar 10 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone ever had someone they know or care about suffer from a mental disorder or anything similiar as a direct effect of their childhood etc. Only for them to face up to visiting the doctor in search of help and be turned away by annoying idiot doctors sponging off the nhs who cant be bothered to seriously engage in someones problems and belittle them with a light hearted 'its fine'?
Rob E

1st Mar 10 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My best mate recently went through something very similar, I dont want to publicly post it but 18 months ago he ended up having a huge breakdown and was put on all sorts of medication and visiting head doctors on a regular basis. I'll happily tell you more over u2u if you like?
taylorboosh

1st Mar 10 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this thread needs to be preem for serious replies
Butler

2nd Mar 10 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I appreciate that
taylorboosh

2nd Mar 10 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i learned last week when i asked for advice
adiohead

2nd Mar 10 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the doctor isn't taking it seriously then the person should see a different doctor. i've seen a few doctors (GPs) and a lot are useless.
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Mar 10 at 00:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Second opinion at a GP shouldn't be too difficult to obtain.
Butler

2nd Mar 10 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunately this isnt the first experience I have with rubbish uncaring doctors, they all seem to not be willing enough. Thing is, I know they wont want to see another doctor because they are so put off by what happened after it took so much courage to go in the first place.
adiohead

2nd Mar 10 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
Unfortunately this isnt the first experience I have with rubbish uncaring doctors, they all seem to not be willing enough. Thing is, I know they wont want to see another doctor because they are so put off by what happened after it took so much courage to go in the first place.

try and talk them into it, as some do care. just gotta find the right one.

it could take months but the benefits will last a life time

[Edited on 02-03-2010 by adiohead]
Butler

2nd Mar 10 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know what else to do, its just hard because im at uni and they are back home so I cant just physically encourage them. Cheers by the way guys.
adiohead

2nd Mar 10 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Dont know what else to do, its just hard because im at uni and they are back home so I cant just physically encourage them. Cheers by the way guys.

is there anyone else back at home that can help?
any friends or family that can push them to try again?

it's terrible how a doctor can push someone's confidence back by not listening

if you do manage to get the person to go again, tell them to lay it on thick. sometimes it's the only way doctors will listen.

Butler

2nd Mar 10 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunately, a lack of caring family is basically at the core of the issue. I might have to speak to friends and hope I can be forgiven...
adiohead

2nd Mar 10 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Unfortunately, a lack of caring family is basically at the core of the issue. I might have to speak to friends and hope I can be forgiven...

hmmm, if you've been told not to tell anyone then i wouldn't break that promise.

either ask the person if you can get someone else involved (maybe someone else who knows). OR you're gonna have to try and find some time out to help this person.

maybe offer to go with them to the different doctor, that way you'll only have to go when the appointment is.
MarkSport

2nd Mar 10 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Have and still am suffering so to speak.I haven't eaten meat or any food good for me in the last 14 years due to me getting force fead by a teacher on a school trip.I tried my doctor but he didnt want to know and neither did a dietitian(sp?)

I got hypnotherapy soon so hopefully that can solve it and i can have a realy dinner at xmas instead of crappy beans on toast
adiohead

2nd Mar 10 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
I Have and still am suffering so to speak.I haven't eaten meat or any food good for me in the last 14 years due to me getting force fead by a teacher on a school trip.I tried my doctor but he didnt want to know and neither did a dietitian(sp?)

I got hypnotherapy soon so hopefully that can solve it and i can have a realy dinner at xmas instead of crappy beans on toast

ever thought of going vegetarian/vegan or do you want to eat meat again?

as a vegetarian myself, at christmas i usually have aunt bessie's vegetarian toad in the hole with my roast potatoes, veg and gravy.
MarkSport

2nd Mar 10 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the thing,I love the smell of it but when it comes to eat it i can't... It's well gash as i'm the right height for my age but im underweight.I'm 6ft and weigh just over 9 stone.my lower arms and top of chest is quite boney/skinny but i know if i ate i would fill out fine...
adiohead

2nd Mar 10 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 11st and 5'10" and don't eat any meat.
I'm even careful about the beer I drink and the sweets I eat, which can contain isinglass and gelatine.
I really started to put on weight at 25 when I ate lots of pizza, pasta, chips and I'd drink lots of beer. now I'm finding it difficult to lose weight

What I'm trying to say is that it is possible to gain weight without meat. I think I eat WAY too much cheese and not enough fruit/veg though and I'm possibly suffering from too much cholesterol. So there needs to be a balance of fatty foods and salads.

If you want to eat meat then you can either work it into your diet gradually by starting with chicken & fish, then work up to pork & lamp and then beef. Or you can go straight for a steak and just enjoy it with a glass of wine, or something.

I have currys with Quorn pieces, stirfry with Quorn or Tofu, Quorn burgers/escalopes/cottage pie/sausages/etc. There are options so you don't have to eat beans on toast every night. Just make sure you have B12 and Iron from either food or suppliments.

B12 can be found in Marmite:
http://www.vegsoc.org/info/b12.html
B12 is very important as you can become anemic if you lack it.

MarkSport

2nd Mar 10 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To give you a rough idea of the food i eat

Cereals (all of them)
fruit: ocasionally
chips
beans on toast
them hotdogs in the tin
peas
rice
raw carrots
pickled onions
jacket potato's
crisps/cakes/messes

And thats pretty much it!

It's rubbish because on nights out we will go the curry house and i'll order a side order of chips and they're like "and your main?" and i'm like "nothing,im full" when i'm not,i just feel a twat for saying il stick with the chips.
MarkSport

2nd Mar 10 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah,seeing that b12 thing is making me realise.My family are always saying to me that i will die if i don't eat properly as my bones are not strong enough etc.i always feel tired at work because i have no energy in my food etc etc...I was having on a typical morning 3 weetabix,2 pieces of toast then a weight gain milkshake which consisted of... weight gain powder(3 scoops),a yogurt(full fat) 1 egg and full fat milk....I ran out of powder last month and noticed the drop already.
Butler

2nd Mar 10 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you think its a psychological thing, you dont forgive yourself for not standing up before so you take control of your life now by regulating your food intake?
adiohead

2nd Mar 10 at 01:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd recommend more carbs and protein in your diet, and more vegetables.

Have pasta with bolognaise and quorn mince, macaroni cheese or pasta bakes with mushroom, sweetcorn and broad beans.

Have quorn burgers, or other vegetarian burger alternatives. I used to make big mac's with quorn burgers all the time.

I have quorn escalopes (mozzarella and pesto), mash potato and make a vegetable side of:
butternut squash, parsnips and carrots (& sometimes onion). I chop them into little squares and bake them with some oil, honey and cinnamon in the oven for about 25-30mins.

Or I'll make a roast dinner with Peppered Quorn steaks or Aunt Bessie's Toad in the Hole.

When you're next at a curry house go for a vegetable curry, or paneer tikka (if they do it). Look for a 'V' sign next to the food. A lot of Indians are actually vegetarian, so some cater for them!

MarkSport

2nd Mar 10 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it is a mental block if im honest but i havent the foggiest where to go from the stage im at atm..Ive been a dietitian and they just seemed to ask me "what can you eat?" and it seemed more like a quiz which i knew the answers to instead of help....then my doctor would rather have gone to the next patient than speak to me about my problem.I want to get hynotised so im tempted to give that a try..May sound silly but i actually contacted trisha/jeremy kyle/this morning/dear deidre and paul mckenna about it but they didnt want to know

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Serious question 22 database queries in 0.0647578 seconds