corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » that mental bloke at work..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author that mental bloke at work..
SteveW

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 10 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a guy i work with who is a proper mental.. Hes one of those types that wants to try his hand at EVERYTHING and is therefore good at everything.

His latest endeavour isMolecular Gastronomy or "food science"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molecular_gastronomy

people like Ferran Adrià and Heston Blumenthal practise this sort of cooking. So its not an easy sort of thing. So hes gone and got books on it, syringes, test tubes and stuff like that just sitting on his desk
Problem with that is, he cant cook for shit and just eats junkfood all day. Today he had a subway breakfast with a coke and a donut.. Lunch was a microwave Rustlers Burger with a coke, crisps and yet another donut..
So its not like his pallet is refined enough to start that level of cookery

He brings his latest hobby/interest into work with him hoping that people will spark up a conversation about it..

past sudden fad hobbies have been

Golf - walked around the office with a white golf glove hanging out his back pocket, had a couple of clubs delivered to work
Guns/Army - LOTS of magazines of hunting etc.. went through a dark green and beige phase with his clothes

Also said that with a years worth of training with Olympic athletes he too would be able to run a sub 10sec 100m the same speeds as Usain Bolt

basically he pisses me off massively
Nath

3rd Mar 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He sounds awesome
adiohead

3rd Mar 10 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

attention seeker, innit.

you could get everyone at work to say that wearing cat suits is really cool (or something else weird), he may start doing it!

[Edited on 03-03-2010 by adiohead]
LukeS

3rd Mar 10 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol he sounds lonely
RichR
Premium Member

3rd Mar 10 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do a bit of that afetr getting Heston Blumenthal's first book; I have a range of syringes etc for inserting different flavours into food or say chocolate sauce into the middle of a strawberry.

Just want to get hold of some Liquid Nitrogen now!
Tom

3rd Mar 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only child syndrome by the sounds of it I fully hate people with that mentality of 'It can't be that hard, if I spent a bit of time doing it ....' blah blah shut up until you have and you can!
noshua

3rd Mar 10 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like you, along with other colleagues, could take the piss out of him without him even knowing (within a conversation).

what do you do for a living?
Laney

3rd Mar 10 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should tweet about what he does a la @shitmydadsays!
Paul_J

3rd Mar 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a guy

You can tell he's failing at life :doyle:
SteveW

3rd Mar 10 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work in software support.. sadly he sits opposite me

but yes entertainment levels are high, if not a little depressing
AlunJ

3rd Mar 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm one of those who likes to have a go at everything lol, but not to that extreme haha, sounds like a nob tbh
ssj_kakarot

3rd Mar 10 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a big pile of shit, vacuum packing a chicken breast and then cooking it at 60 degrees in a thermostatically controlled heated bath for 12 hours, pretty sure no one is going to bother with that.

sweet bacon icecream :-/
snail porridge

having to bake a soufflé in a vacuum jar to increase the size of the bubbles found inside it lol what a crock of shit.
ssj_kakarot

3rd Mar 10 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His restaurant, Moto, is famous for creating sushi using a Canon i560 inkjet printer. Rather than using conventional inkjet cartridges, he creates cartridges that are filled with organic, edible "inks." Mr. Cantu's design firm has been featured in the New York Times Magazine as well as some other national media, such as USA Today.

lol sounds like cooking for people with to much money on there hands and nothing else to spend it on
SteveW

3rd Mar 10 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no kidding, hes just tucking into ANOTHER donut.. this time with a knife and fork
RichR
Premium Member

3rd Mar 10 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
His restaurant, Moto, is famous for creating sushi using a Canon i560 inkjet printer. Rather than using conventional inkjet cartridges, he creates cartridges that are filled with organic, edible "inks." Mr. Cantu's design firm has been featured in the New York Times Magazine as well as some other national media, such as USA Today.

lol sounds like cooking for people with to much money on there hands and nothing else to spend it on

I'm really big into my food/eating out etc and even worked with Jamie Oliver for a little while. However, I thought the whole Molecular Gastronomy was a crock of shit until we went to The Fat Duck; I know Mad moe on here has eben as well and will vouch the same; it simply is stunning - the taste sensations and look of the food is near perfection
Corsa_Sport21

3rd Mar 10 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This guy sounds like a complete tool but at the same time,some1 id like to work with.Be fun winding him up all the time,filling his head full of useless info.
Bobber123

3rd Mar 10 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, thats like eating pizza with a knife and fork, or even worse, a burger!
MarkSport

3rd Mar 10 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know a lad like this.If he see's you do something that he wants to do he will try it and crack it within a few days

Fooking badger i swear at times
DaveyLC

3rd Mar 10 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He sounds like a fun! Wish I had someone like that here who I could mentally torture
DaveyLC

3rd Mar 10 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

My mates mum is some shit hot cake maker, you uses a organic printer.. She made him a giant backy tin birthday cake complete with giant sugar paper rizzla packets and a icing lighter. It was fooking amazing!
3CorsaMeal

3rd Mar 10 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hit him with the clob ftw
ssj_kakarot

3rd Mar 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

My mates mum is some shit hot cake maker, you uses a organic printer.. She made him a giant backy tin birthday cake complete with giant sugar paper rizzla packets and a icing lighter. It was fooking amazing!

ow im aware of the process, we use edible ink at work making cakes its quite easy, i just meen the whole thing is pretty over the top.

out of curiosity how much did it cost for a meal in the fat duck? expensive i take it lol
SVM 286

3rd Mar 10 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveW
Got a guy i work with who is a proper mental.. Hes one of those types that wants to try his hand at EVERYTHING and is therefore good at everything.

His latest endeavour isMolecular Gastronomy or "food science"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molecular_gastronomy

people like Ferran Adrià and Heston Blumenthal practise this sort of cooking. So its not an easy sort of thing. So hes gone and got books on it, syringes, test tubes and stuff like that just sitting on his desk
Problem with that is, he cant cook for shit and just eats junkfood all day. Today he had a subway breakfast with a coke and a donut.. Lunch was a microwave Rustlers Burger with a coke, crisps and yet another donut..
So its not like his pallet is refined enough to start that level of cookery

He brings his latest hobby/interest into work with him hoping that people will spark up a conversation about it..

past sudden fad hobbies have been

Golf - walked around the office with a white golf glove hanging out his back pocket, had a couple of clubs delivered to work
Guns/Army - LOTS of magazines of hunting etc.. went through a dark green and beige phase with his clothes

Also said that with a years worth of training with Olympic athletes he too would be able to run a sub 10sec 100m the same speeds as Usain Bolt

basically he pisses me off massively

Choke him with his own golf club Stevo.
SetH

3rd Mar 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve, start a project thread on this guy.

Daily reports and pics, vids of his activities.

Egg him on and courage him and make him feel that he is truly 133t

Then when the time is right direct him to the thread on here for some uber humiliation
SteveW

3rd Mar 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Steve, start a project thread on this guy.

Daily reports and pics, vids of his activities.

Egg him on and courage him and make him feel that he is truly 133t

Then when the time is right direct him to the thread on here for some uber humiliation

as fun as that would be.. i dont want to waste too much time listening to his drivel.
plus im not THAT harsh

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » that mental bloke at work.. 22 database queries in 0.0171020 seconds