corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Smurf's Corsa Project Updated 14/06/10

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Smurf's Corsa Project Updated 14/06/10
TheSmurfinator

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 10 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok well I'm new here and I've only had my corsa a couple of days, so I don't have any definate plans yet, but there is going to be a lot of work done to this little car - it NEEDS it!

I'm currently out of work and have been for 7 months so this is probably going to be a very slow project LOL

Having collected the car and got it back home the first thing I had to do was change the plugs as the car would only start about 50% of the time and miss-firing badly.
This done, she runs a lot better, the engine sounds ok and doesn't smoke. however the car has lots of problems....

A new handbrake cable had been fitted, but was routed completely wrong and had to be redone before it could be adjusted. that is now done.

When I collected it, the clear rear lights were covered with black tights - looked ok but had led to water being drawn into the boot by the tights and has caused corrosion - doh!
I've removed the tights and will get the hole plated when I can.

Two of the tyres need replacing. I think I'll keep an eye out on ebay for a set as I can't afford to buy new - may end up with a set of wheels and tyres even, though the fox alloys that are on are not bad tbh.

There is no airfilter or housing on the car at the mo. I'll probably have to get a standard one for now and then maybe get a K and N eventually.

The wheel arch trims have been painted black as has the bonnet, but they are a very rough job. I'll have to redo the rims but if I can find a bonnet from either the right coloured car or a black one then I will just replace the bonnet as the previous owner has used a very course grade sandpaper on the bonnet before painting it and it looks awful - will be quicker and easier to replace...

The headlight eyebrows are just tape, so they will be removed, done't know if I'll put proper ones on it yet or just leave them - may even go for angels eventually.

There is no backbox on the car either - I don't know why - again, I'll go with whatever I can get for now then decide what to do.

The drivers door is also a different colour at the mo - Hoping one will turn up on ebay ion the right colour eventually - if it doesn't then I'll either satin black the whole car or have it done in graffiti.

The rear spoiler and the parcel shelf are both sagging and will need to be replaced
The front bumper has also been hacked at, presumably to fit some light or something, so that will need sorting too..

My main concern is getting it MOT'd and on the road, so that is what I'll be concentrating on. Then I can get a job and start to sort it properly.
I'm open to ideas at the moment and I'm currently looking though the project pages for inspiration

Here are some photos taken today:

[Edited on 18-04-2010 by TheSmurfinator]

[Edited on 14-06-2010 by TheSmurfinator]
stu_c

3rd Mar 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where in manchester u in?

im near wigan

does need alot doin that tho
Ingham
Banned

3rd Mar 10 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus fucking Christ the car's been attacked by pikeys living on Halfords car park.

On the other hand though, nice rear lights.
TheSmurfinator

3rd Mar 10 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol I know she's a mess but I swapped her for my old nova that hasn't moved for months and has a knackered cam and clutch, so I can't complain really.

(I'm in Tameside btw)
Ingham
Banned

3rd Mar 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it is a good project for a turnaround!

Think the previous owner was going for a jap look with the old wheels though. And that erm.. pap look with the duct tape on the lights lol!

Plans? MURDER IT! Already half way there.

(Don't take my crap jokes to heart. )

[Edited on 03-03-2010 by Jonny Ingham]
TheSmurfinator

3rd Mar 10 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL no offense taken - I know it's a shed, but it's MY shed and I love it - I've been off the road for 6 months so I'm dying to get it back on the road and have some freedom again!

The wheels on the front a two that I borrow from a mate to try and get it through an MOT - I have 4 Fox alloys - like the back ones but I need two new tyres for them...
Ingham
Banned

3rd Mar 10 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what it's like to be off the road. Had 3 cars now, and got rid of them all and not driven for like a year in between all of them (which is what I blame the crashes on). I'd actually drive a Fiat just to drive.
weddy1988

3rd Mar 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drivers door and boot spoiler painted same colour as the car
arches bumpers and bonnet off and give them a good going over with 320 grit wet and dry local paint store few tins of black and few tins of laqure

take tape off the lights

OR if budgets a bit bigger

scrappies 2 newer shape corsa bumpers (post97)

bottoms of bumpers door back spolier same colour as car arches off bonnet off spray them gloss black and tops of bumpers of course

60mm springs

then your on to a not bad start as thts a nice rare colour
TheSmurfinator

3rd Mar 10 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for that
you don't happen to know what the colour is called do you?
(it's lowered 40mm as it is)

I'm actually thinking of either satin black or pale pink all over at the moment....
bally2010
Premium Member

6th Mar 10 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi ive got a corsa f50 bonnet which i will swap for ur bonnet and £20 if u like ?? or you can buy it if you are interested for £35

i no the picture is messy i am just trying to sell the bonnet

TheSmurfinator

7th Mar 10 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where are you mate?
To be honest I don't think you'd want my bonnet - it's got some deep sanding marks on it which is why I can be bothered with doing it...
TheSmurfinator

7th Mar 10 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the car failed it's MOT miserably - no big surprise really. It needs a LOT of welding - inner and outer sills both sides, wheel arches, in the boot, front chassis leg....
Made a start on it today and now it looks REALLY nasty LOL.
Seeing as it will need at least a partial respray once it is all done I've decided to try and get the bodywork as good as I possibly can and have a full respray done - either doing it myself out of a can or seeing if I can get it done at the local college cheaply...there are a lot of minor dings in the bodywork as well as the big holes that need welding
Thinking pink at the moment....

Picked up some of the missing parts for it today too.
It now has a backbox on it and sounds much quieter even though it's a Peco big bore 4.
Also got an airbox for it and some new shocks

will be shortly collecting a set of lexus rear lights, a new bonnet and tailgate and will be sorting out some kind of new interior for it to but I'm not sure which way to go yet....

This project is going to be done on a tight budget, due to me having no job, so most of the work will be done by me and my boyfriend. It may have to get more ugly before it starts to get pretty LOL

some pics of the day:

chassis leg

one of the holes in the outer sill

another

chassis leg welded

poor thing
Ste L

7th Mar 10 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bloody hell, i thought my old white one was bad,

your rust look's worse than mine, and mine got scrapped..

good effort on fixing it up, and getting it back the road though,
TheSmurfinator

7th Mar 10 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks - I'm still quite enthusiastic at the moment - I don't know how long that will last though LOL
To be fair engine and most of the running gear - apart from the front shocks - seems to be good, so hopefully it will be worth doing as long as I can keep the costs down by doing as much as possible ourselves....
Ste L

7th Mar 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's always good to restore a car, makes you appreciate it more when it's finished
TheSmurfinator

10th Mar 10 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So far I've bought new front shocks. mirror, airbox, side skirts, rear lexus lights and a set of black calibra seats..... getting tailgate, bonnet and door at the weekend. Some more welding will be done tomorrow evening and will hopefully be finished at the weekend. More photos soon
Generation

10th Mar 10 at 02:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't forget the depos you bought.
TheSmurfinator

10th Mar 10 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't say I bought Depo's I said I bought lights - lexus rear lights - just exactly WTF is your problem with me? I don't know what you keep trying to insinuate and you won't tell me, you just keep having little jibes and ignore my requests for clarification. Really good way to treat a newbie to the site - makes me feel REALLY welcome.
Seriously, grow some balls and tell me what I've done to upset you
TheSmurfinator

10th Mar 10 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

getting back onto track and ignoring little boys playing their little games, I've done a quick photoshop job on how I'm thinking of going with the car.
I'm not sure about what colour to do the plastics in yet but for the time being she's going to be pink with gunmetal bonnet, plastics and wheels...

[Edited on 10-03-2010 by TheSmurfinator]
bally2010
Premium Member

10th Mar 10 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi im from middleton and i will have ur old 1 if u dnt mind doing a swap as it will give me something to do up to u if u want the bonnet
andyc1234

10th Mar 10 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres no way in hell im painting it that shade of pink for you
TheSmurfinator

10th Mar 10 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bally 2010 I would be interested but I'm skint until the weekend - maybe you should look at mine first anyway - it's pretty bad LOL

Andy1234 - go on, you know you want to really
bally2010
Premium Member

10th Mar 10 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i can wait till the weekend if u bring it down we can sort a deal out
TheSmurfinator

15th Mar 10 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well a bit more welding has been done and I've been collecting more parts. Now have the f50 bonnet, tailgate, with some more parts including electric window kit and new parcel shelf etc on the way.
Also just got these alloys - Tigra ones - just been refurbed in black. Not really what I wanted but they will do for now...

arizona ste

17th Mar 10 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i admire u 4 trying i am currently in the same position wit my corsa loving corsas the way i do am gettin the work done myself and its simple to find out the paint code if you open the bonnet abover the driverside headlight there should be a plate its either the number up front the bottom or the last one i cant remember but you will sharp find out good work keep it up

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Smurf's Corsa Project Updated 14/06/10 23 database queries in 0.0169330 seconds