corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » quitting smoking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author quitting smoking
LeeM

User status: Offline
13th Mar 10 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whos done it? ive been a week, did the first 3 days cold turkey then got patches and an inhalator. wasnt sure about the patches and that because id managed to do it on my own at first but then it started to get hard coming from 15-20 a day to nothing.
i know im not really breaking the nicotine addiction though, but id rather be addicted to a plastic stick than cigarettes.

but... how hard is it coming off the patches? is that when it really starts to get hard or what?
adiohead

13th Mar 10 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the best thing is to just stop.

the patch companies just want you to use them for your addiction.
LeeM

13th Mar 10 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead

you should get a job in a rehab centre.
Limecat
Banned

13th Mar 10 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have smoked for 11 years. I smoke through habit/boredom. People that cannot quit are talking shit IMO. I often go without for 3/4 days. Just admit it is habit and not an addiction.

EDIT: Await all the 'I cannot quit grzzzz'

[Edited on 13-03-2010 by LETGSI16V]
Ingham
Banned

13th Mar 10 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just stopped. Easy as fuck so far. Can smell smoke on others again now, it's horrible!
moka

13th Mar 10 at 01:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I gave up for the new year and tbh i think the patches are bollocks, get yourself an inhalator if anything, i used mine on about 8-9 different occasions in my first month then never again...

If you want to stop, you can, you dont need no help.

Im still going strong and dont even think about it anymore...
Ingham
Banned

13th Mar 10 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
I have smoked for 11 years. I smoke through habit/boredom. People that cannot quit are talking shit IMO. I often go without for 3/4 days. Just admit it is habit and not an addiction.

EDIT: Await all the 'I cannot quit grzzzz'

[Edited on 13-03-2010 by LETGSI16V]

100% agree with you. It's habit, I used to go a couple of weeks, then have 10 and stop again because I was busy with work/car etc.. If you can break the habit then you're away!
LeeM

13th Mar 10 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been finding it much easier with the patches, of course its an addiction thats medical fact.
i think the most annoying thing about quitting is the amount of people who found it easy, telling you how easy it is
chloe16v

13th Mar 10 at 01:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant stop, but then again im not sure that i want to tbh id just end up stressing out
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

13th Mar 10 at 01:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of my family gave up a few years back. It started with my Mum buying a book for my Dad, Allan Carr's How to Stop Smoking iirc.

My dad read it over a few days, it actually advised to keep smoking whilst you read it, which he did, then when he finished reading it he asked my brother to take what was left of the 2000 cigs he'd brought back from Spain round to my Uncle's.

That day he went from 40-a-day to nothing. 8 years on he's still not touched a cig, or more importantly, wanted too.

A few months after my Dad give up, my Uncle decided to try, and it's the same story for him, finished reading it and hasn't smoked since.

I think my Aunt was next to try. Unfortunately on the same afternoon she finished reading the book she received some bad news and force of habit made her grab a cig which undid it all but a few years on she tried again and she's on about 3 years now.

There's my Gran too and a few family friends that have read it and never looked back so from my experience I can't recommend it enough.

My Mum still says it's the best £7 she ever spent

Good luck mate
wilson_sri

13th Mar 10 at 02:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv not smoked since the 28th of November! Been going really. Came close to slipping up a few weeks ago, started a new job and i am working with a smoker. Seeing him smoke seemed to bring back cravings. Got through it ok though.

It not that hard tbh, but you have to want to give up 100%. I tried a few times, and failed, but wasn't really that bothered about stopping. Was just trying because other people wanted me to. As soon as i decided for myself i wanted to stop smoking, it was fine.
adiohead

13th Mar 10 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee
quote:
Originally posted by adiohead

you should get a job in a rehab centre.

[Edited on 13-03-2010 by adiohead]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » quitting smoking 22 database queries in 0.0997071 seconds