corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » info from those who have busted rims from pot holes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author info from those who have busted rims from pot holes
davcohen

User status: Offline
14th Mar 10 at 06:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About 2 weeks ago my sister went into a pot hole and completely bust the rim, she reported the pothole to the council and damage to the car but what happens now are we supposed to buy a new rim?

The car is a corsa c cdti sri so it has the 5 stud sri rims which have been painted white so can i fix all the damage (e.g. will now need an alignment) then just send them a bill?
Demo

14th Mar 10 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does she have proof of date along with the pothole. ie a photo of that days paper next to the pothole

normally theyre crafty fucks and they go fill it in and deny all knowledge of it once you have reported it
Spanishfly

14th Mar 10 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.potholes.co.uk
pow
Premium Member

14th Mar 10 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive hada claim going on since the end of Jan for one in Bucks. They are trying their best to wriggle out
jameswalshe1990

14th Mar 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they sent me claim forms threw the post, the bastards wont pay me out due to no receipts even tho i have picture evidence. oh and its a very long winded process
davcohen

14th Mar 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Demo
does she have proof of date along with the pothole. ie a photo of that days paper next to the pothole

normally theyre crafty fucks and they go fill it in and deny all knowledge of it once you have reported it

Im not even in the country at the moment but i tried to get her to follow the guide on potholes.co.uk but she only took some photo's the place the pot hole is makes it dangerous to mess about with placing things in the road lol

I just didnt know whether I should get the car repaired then claim, but ill be back home in the next few days so i think i will pop down to my local council and ask to speak to someone face to face seeming as its only 1-2 miles from my house
AndyCorsaSport

14th Mar 10 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont need pics of a newspaper next to it

I just took a few pics of the hole, damage to wheel etc, filled in claims form, along with the pics, took about 9/10months i think, i sent them a estimate for about £700 needed new wheel, tyre, and alignment, but were team dynamics wheels so couldnt buy seperate, so the quote was for 4, and then the alignment.

They devided the cost of the wheels by 4, and paid me that for 1 wheel. Got just short of £200, cost me £60 to get done
davcohen

18th Mar 10 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just called up to find out I need to get quotes for everything/ get all the work done then submit all the quotes/ reciepts to my local council which gets the ball rolling

Was wondering whether I could claim for damage to my ePAS as its got the usual C problem of randomly dying in the middle of a turn which is F-annoying
AK

18th Mar 10 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Dont need pics of a newspaper next to it

I just took a few pics of the hole, damage to wheel etc, filled in claims form, along with the pics, took about 9/10months i think, i sent them a estimate for about £700 needed new wheel, tyre, and alignment, but were team dynamics wheels so couldnt buy seperate, so the quote was for 4, and then the alignment.

They devided the cost of the wheels by 4, and paid me that for 1 wheel. Got just short of £200, cost me £60 to get done

result - rip off your council....

Wait - your taxes pay them

adiohead

18th Mar 10 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how i beat Bucks council:

http://www.potholes.co.uk/stories/view/194/Beat_the_Council/page:3/type:Success_story

[Edited on 18-03-2010 by adiohead]
mattk

18th Mar 10 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an annoying as fuck pot hole at the end of our road, I might say Ive damaged a wheel and see how quick they fill it in
davcohen

18th Mar 10 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This was the state of the wheel after an unavoidable pothole :banghead:

Just looked at the wheel today and noticed the whole rim is deformed

There is another road about 2 miles away which is in amazingly bad shape, im going to get pictures just to show how much of a joke that road is

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » info from those who have busted rims from pot holes 22 database queries in 0.0116990 seconds