corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Today's transfer gossip.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Today's transfer gossip.....
Tom

User status: Offline
18th Mar 10 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/default.stm

Few funny bits today

Abramovic sanctions £50m move for torres, good luck with that

Chelsea owner Abramovic has assured ancelotti his job is safe, but are 'clearing out' joe cole oh but hang on no if they don't win the leauge ancelotti is out

Hugo Rodella is rated at £15m apparantley it seems all wigan players are worth £15m after a decent season

Marc

18th Mar 10 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing surprises me about Chavski.

Everytime they're in the news it just further confirms that Abramovich doesn't know how to run a football club and is desperate for the European Cup, at the cost of his staff and players.

I'm still unsure why a Russian chose Chelsea in the first place, why not Arsenal or Liverpool?
mwg

18th Mar 10 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What? No mention of Rooney being targeted by Real Madrid? Thats usually on there.

City will bid for Torres again and it'll be some overinflated price like £100M
strick206

18th Mar 10 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Riera blasts benitez and says liverfool are a sinking ship

Tom

18th Mar 10 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Riera blasts benitez and says liverfool are a sinking ship

He's a moaning little turd, I think all our left sided attacking players have been to moaning school. He's upset because babel is having a run and he's like a little boy craving an arm round the shouler and pat on the back telling him everything will be ok. How ever much people try to defend players who need lots of man management I think differently, they earn a ludicrous amount of money and should get on with it and work hard in training, end of conversation!

Rooney will be off to real in the summer, mancs won't be able to turn down a £100m offer to pay off more of their debts.
MatthewR

18th Mar 10 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he (Benitez) stopped signing sh1t players in the first place he wouldn't have to keep them on the bench and they wouldn't moan about not getting a game infront of another sh1t player
Tom

18th Mar 10 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not quite that simple though is it when he has got limited money to work with, which seems to be getting less and less, i'm pretty sure he'd rather have signed silva than riera!

This shows just how fickle riera is (from feb 2nd):

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/lfc-weekly/lfc-weekly-magazine-previews/2010/02/02/lfc-weekly-february-2-riera-on-senior-spanish-players-staying-with-lfc-plus-free-lfc-sticker-album-this-week-100252-25742753/

In particular this line ' “It isn’t in the character of any of us (Torres, Reina and Riera) to turn our backs and run somewhere else when times are tough,” said Riera. “All of us would like to look back on our Liverpool career and say it was a success.'

[Edited on 18-03-2010 by Tom]
Marc

18th Mar 10 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
If he (Benitez) stopped signing sh1t players in the first place he wouldn't have to keep them on the bench

LOLZ
Marc

18th Mar 10 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Rooney will be off to real in the summer, mancs won't be able to turn down a £100m offer to pay off more of their debts.

More chance of Liverpool winning a trophy.
MatthewR

18th Mar 10 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
It's not quite that simple though is it when he has got limited money to work with, which seems to be getting less and less, i'm pretty sure he'd rather have signed silva than riera!

This shows just how fickle riera is (from feb 2nd):

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/lfc-weekly/lfc-weekly-magazine-previews/2010/02/02/lfc-weekly-february-2-riera-on-senior-spanish-players-staying-with-lfc-plus-free-lfc-sticker-album-this-week-100252-25742753/

In particular this line ' “It isn’t in the character of any of us (Torres, Reina and Riera) to turn our backs and run somewhere else when times are tough,” said Riera. “All of us would like to look back on our Liverpool career and say it was a success.'

[Edited on 18-03-2010 by Tom]

maybe he shouldnt have w&nked away money on the likes of Robbie Keane, Dossena, Crouch, Lucas
Nath

18th Mar 10 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Same with you guys and Torres then.

Real wont buy Rooney. They don't need to. The Spaniards don't warm to English players.
MatthewR

18th Mar 10 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beckham, Owen, Woodgate
Marc

18th Mar 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Beckham, Owen, Woodgate

Owen and Woodgate flopped!
Ojc

18th Mar 10 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Owen wasn't a flop. Throw McManaman into the mix as well.
Nath

18th Mar 10 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Owen lasted a season, of course he was a flop. They didn't like him one bit. Woodgate got sent off and scored an OG on his debut, then got crocked. Becks didn't hit the ground running either, and was hated at one point. Until Capello started to actually play him, then they won La Liga and the fans loved him. Mcmanaman did well however. They don't see English players as Galacticos.
sloworm

18th Mar 10 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Owen was class for real, probably had a better goals to game ratio then the other strikers there. They just wouldnt start him no matter how well he played from what I remember?
Nath

18th Mar 10 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sloworm
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Owen was class for real, probably had a better goals to game ratio then the other strikers there. They just wouldnt start him no matter how well he played from what I remember?

Yeah. Which in my books is a flop. If you can't win anybody round even when you're scoring you've flopped. Something wasn't right, and the fans and manager didn't warm to him.
MatthewR

18th Mar 10 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dinky Dinky
Tom

18th Mar 10 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Real wont buy Rooney. They don't need to. The Spaniards don't warm to English players.

Torres wouldn't go to another premiership team, he;s said it
Nath

18th Mar 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Torres wouldn't go to another premiership team, he;s said it

I was referring to a big bid from abroad, ala Rooney gossip. The £50m Torres bid from Chelsea or City would never happen. Not that Torres would go to Real after paying for Atlhetico. But you know what I'm saying.
Tom

18th Mar 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
maybe he shouldnt have w&nked away money on the likes of Robbie Keane, Dossena, Crouch, Lucas

Robbie Keane was sanctioned by Rick Parry, and at least we got rid quickly. Dossena looked like he could be a good player but it didn't work out and again we got rid quick. Crouch was needed at the time and did well for us, we offered him a new contract but he wanted more regular football so I don't regard that as wasted money especially as we made money on him Lucas is still learning, he's decent and the type of player have to go in for e.g. young and a prospect.

It's easy to name players who haven't been a success and forget about all the money issues we have, I know this is true of alot of clubs now but it's been ongoing with us since before the mancs were splashing £30m on berbatov. It's also funny how people rip rafa for having a poor record in the £3m-£10m bracket (mainly due to him having to spend in that bracket, reina, alonso et all fit into this category btw) and as soon as he spends £17m on johnson he gets questioned for spending the money in that area (how much did chelsea pay for zhirkov?). He has to try and mix proven quality that costs a wedge with young prospects and to a much higher degree than the other big clubs.

I'm not happy with his tactics this season on many occasions but his transfer record is no-where near as bad as people try to make out.
Tom

18th Mar 10 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I was referring to a big bid from abroad, ala Rooney gossip. The £50m Torres bid from Chelsea or City would never happen. Not that Torres would go to Real after paying for Atlhetico. But you know what I'm saying.

He's said he wants to play abroad, I don't doubt that it will happen at some point (maybe sooner than people think especially if barca came in for him) but I expect him to stay for at least another season and more if next season is markedly better than this one (yeah i know it's not hard ).
Ojc

18th Mar 10 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kieron Dyer is going to Real.
Nath

I reckon if nothing improves next season he'll be gone. This season can be put down as a freak season, but if the same happens again I can't see him sticking around. He should be winning the top prizes.
mwg

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Kieron Dyer is going to Real.

They're the only club daft enough to part with money for him

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Today's transfer gossip..... 23 database queries in 0.0329120 seconds