corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Lowering my corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lowering my corsa
BigMut

User status: Offline
19th Mar 10 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright guys, i currently have Corsa B 1996 N reg 1.2, and i have got some alloys that have the 195 width on them, and they stick out of the sides a little bit, just to the edge arch, and the 195 width isnt anything exactly big, and im lowering it 50mm i was just wondering if my corsa wud have any spacers or anything on them that cud be taken off for the wheels to go under the arch and for it to lower confortably
stingray1987

19th Mar 10 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have astra 15" wheels which are also 195 and im lowerd 40mm and im fine they do not stick out at all. but mine is a 1999 sport. i would have fort they shud be fine unless u had spacers on the car before fitting the new wheels.
BigMut

19th Mar 10 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, i didnt put spacers on the car, i just took the stock steal wheels off and put the alloys on
AlexW

19th Mar 10 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You say about tyres, but not about the wheels. Those tyres are most likly fine. But if your wheels have a silly offset or are stuipidly wide then you will have issues.

Vauxhall wheels? or aftermarket?
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

19th Mar 10 at 01:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like wrong offest to me

will rub like a badger if you lower it

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
Daveskater
Premium Member

19th Mar 10 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wheels are definitely the wrong offset. However we could do with a lot more information about the wheels themselves, e.g. width, diameter etc.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

New Poll