corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Non start when cranking startor motor is clicking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Non start when cranking startor motor is clicking
ali_corsa

User status: Offline
19th Mar 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on a 2 litre corsa. swapped startor motors over...battery has been on charge for 45 minutes. Cleaned the chassis earth to gear box earth. put the negative clamp from battery charger to gear box to by pass chassis still no look. any more ideas?
corsa120

19th Mar 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just cos you have charged the battery dont mean its ok.......

my xe gave me loads of issues with not starting as i disregarded the battery as it was only 18 months old but it turned out it was
ali_corsa

19th Mar 10 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea i thought that after i wrote it. Its only 7 months old thats why i thought nothing of it. Going to borrow a battery tomorow and give it ago and take mine back to halfords
Root

19th Mar 10 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you not try to bump start in the meantime?
barneykarl

19th Mar 10 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a meter on the battery or fit a known good battery probably the battery is duff.
ali_corsa

20th Mar 10 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With halfords and batterys i cant find the repciet for it could i still send it back to them as there is a date stamped on the side of it
ali_corsa

20th Mar 10 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swapped the batterys over still no luck the battery light on the dash is very dull would that suggest looking at the alternator?
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

20th Mar 10 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the battery should have been fully charged when new (I hope you swapped for a new one) so the alty shouldn't be a factor here .... sounds like you have some bad wires. check the wires at the battery terminals / starter motor / main earth etc something must be rusty/loose

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
ali_corsa

20th Mar 10 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got it started. It is the wiring. Just had a jump lead from neg on battery to gearbox to act as an earth. Bridged the two starter motor wires it started. Just took off the jump lead off re bridged wires it started. Is there any common places where they go or where to start looking? Does it the ignition wiring run through a relay?
Root

20th Mar 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

uhm, good luck anyway lol
AlexW

20th Mar 10 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres no starting relay, My guess is a earth problem somewhere or the ign switch on the back of the barrel.
ali_corsa

20th Mar 10 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tryed having ago getting the switch off as they are quiet common for going but i didnt have a clue how i got the barrell out though might get a switch and then have ago incase i break it.

New Poll