corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Halfords - Paint Mixers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Halfords - Paint Mixers
Callum

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 10 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have tried loads of places for ultra blue paint aerosol's but can't find them anywhere, unless I get them online for £11, can I go to halfords with my touch up kit and get them to make me some of the paint? as a corsasport member has told me this before, I have also checked halfords and the do not stock the aerosol, only the touch up kit, thanks
Root

23rd Mar 10 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

give them the paint code and they mix the paint for you. But be careful, be sure to test either on a spare panel first, if possible as it might not be 100% but is usually quite close
richc

23rd Mar 10 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive recently done this - and it was terrible!

Not even a near match, its a total different colour and you cannot contest it.

It was properly preped, primmer, dried in heated room etc. They arent in the normal halfords tins (which is usually good stuff), its in some little shitty thing that get clogged up.

I mentioned this to a few other people and they all said the same including the RB5 grey on a impreza which looked like primer....and a purple fezzy which came out nearly black.

Standard halfords rattle cans arent bad, but mixer is terrible
Root

23rd Mar 10 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fair, they did me a nautilus blue (metallic green) paint and it was a great match, it's not as shiny as the rest of the panel because I have not lacquered it but it was a very good match.
AlexW

23rd Mar 10 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
Ive recently done this - and it was terrible!

Not even a near match, its a total different colour and you cannot contest it.

It was properly preped, primmer, dried in heated room etc. They arent in the normal halfords tins (which is usually good stuff), its in some little shitty thing that get clogged up.

I mentioned this to a few other people and they all said the same including the RB5 grey on a impreza which looked like primer....and a purple fezzy which came out nearly black.

Standard halfords rattle cans arent bad, but mixer is terrible

Couldnt disagree more tbh.

My nova is Miami Blue, Nowhere stocks it. Got it mixed by halfords and its a perfect match.

The nozzles seem to be great infact, better than the halfords off the shelf ones.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Halfords - Paint Mixers 22 database queries in 0.2976818 seconds