corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Admiral are useless

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Admiral are useless
Daveskater
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 10 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About two weeks ago I got a letter from Admiral saying that they were checking their records and found that I got a quote for my car with suspension and exhaust mods added and if I didn't contact them they would assume they were removed from the policy by accident then I would get charged etc.

So I spoke to some woman in an asian call centre Saturday morning and said I didn't have either of the mods. She said ok, write to or email us so we have proof and then we'll take it off the policy. So I emailed them Tuesday night saying that I do not have exhaust mods but will be adding suspension soon. Got no reply until today when I got a letter dated the 18th saying that they have put the exhaust and suspension mods onto my policy and want £77 I've just been on the phone to them and the man I could barely understand said I need to take my car to a garage so they can check it and then send them proof that it only has the springs on, and even then I might not get anything back.

If they'd have read the email I sent them then this wouldn't have happened Idiots.

[/rant]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Gareth F

23rd Mar 10 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im with elephant (spin off from admiral) and they are amazing. Phoned them up and got a load of money knocked off lol.
£200 a year more to insure a 225bhp 4x4 audi s3 than my 1.6 sport lol, comes up at £789
gavin18787
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm do you have a copy of the email in your sent stuff? Im sure if you could prove that they will give you the money back

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
gavin18787
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth F
Im with elephant (spin off from admiral) and they are amazing. Phoned them up and got a load of money knocked off lol.
£200 a year more to insure a 225bhp 4x4 audi s3 than my 1.6 sport lol, comes up at £789

They are all good until you need to make changes etc as their customer care is shite mainly due to dodgy call centres.

Although saying that I am with admiral and when ever I have called recently I have had an english person that I could fully understand

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Daveskater
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it will be in my sent items.

I only ever seem to get Indian people with strong accents so I have to piece the words together

It took two attempts to get him to understand that I have one of the mods now

I'm considering ringing again in a bit to see if a) I can speak to someone I can understand and b) they can find the email I sent and bend them over for my money back.

[Edited on 23-03-2010 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with bell and 75% of the time i get an English speaking person.
GF-91
Banned

23rd Mar 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave bad news. Resend that email and put it in block letters in a large font ' if you had read the email the first time, you wouldn't have to be sat there reading this very large lettering'. See what happens, best of luck.

*still waiting for pics of C*
kidding, whenever you have a spare minute son.
LiviLion

23rd Mar 10 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been with admiral for years. I pay £4 hundred per year protected fully comp business class 1 for a 2010 Corsa VXR

Never had any issues with them
Daveskater
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The call centres are against me

Gary, don't put that idea in my head because I might just do it Nothing is going right this evening

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Neil Dagens

23rd Mar 10 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what i hated about admiral, also found i had to wait about 20 minutes before i could talk to someone, and even then i could barely understand them! Thats the reason i like Quinn Direct because it takes about 2 minutes to get through, can easily understand them (irish) and theyve been really good with all the modifications declared.
Daveskater
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did get a quote wiht Quinn but they wanted about £977 iirc, Admiral wanted round about £600 with mods, £575 without.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is where Brentacre wins, I fitted my 2ltr brakes a few weeks back, phoned up to declare them told him they were off a 2ltr Cav he said, right I'll let Highway know, is there anything else I can help you with?

Full phonecall, including waiting took no more than 3 minutes and no added costs, they only charge for performance mods
Neil Dagens

23rd Mar 10 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
I did get a quote wiht Quinn but they wanted about £977 iirc, Admiral wanted round about £600 with mods, £575 without.

blimey, thats quite a saving! i think id put up with their incompetence if youre saving nearly £400! i remember admiral wanted a letter from the garage where i got my springs fitted before theyd insure it. hope you get it all sorted anyway
Daveskater
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I called Brentacre and they wanted about £850 iirc I'd like to have a company that's as easy to deal with as them, but I can't afford it

Tbh I could leave it and just have the exhaust mod on my policy, but seeing as I'm not going to be able to get it done until at least June or July then I might as well save the money that I don't have

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, it's the first year that Brentacre have managed to be competitive for me and that was at 22 (at the time) with 5 years ncb. Admiral was the only quote that came in cheaper but had a daft excess and I knew I was doing the brakes shortly after taking the policy out so no doubt Admiral would've added more for them too. Brentacre was £20 quid more but much lower excess and the non charging for mods made it the obvious choice
Andrew

23rd Mar 10 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I phoned Lloyds TSB yesterday evening to change my address and they wanted £15 in which to do so. I told them to leave the policy as it is and i will not be insuring any of our family cars with them once the renewals come through. Guy started to be clever telling me it was illegal to keep a car on an address that i don't live at. Pointed out i own the property and the car is still parked there as i have a company vehicle and currenly waiting for a garage to be built.

What a bunch of arses!! I know all insurance companies are in trouble but this just took the piss..
deano87

23rd Mar 10 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Admiral have been fine for me. Mind you, the car is absolutely standard. I've spoken with foreign call centres before and thought they were abroad, then 1 time it was someone Northern. tbh, it was just as bad

but seriously, I remember reading on here that they have different call centres and different times of the day.
Gaz

23rd Mar 10 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
Yeah, it's the first year that Brentacre have managed to be competitive for me and that was at 22 (at the time) with 5 years ncb. Admiral was the only quote that came in cheaper but had a daft excess and I knew I was doing the brakes shortly after taking the policy out so no doubt Admiral would've added more for them too. Brentacre was £20 quid more but much lower excess and the non charging for mods made it the obvious choice

I always paid more with Brentacre for the XE but really didn't mind. This was because when i compared them to flux (and the rest) they just wanted to rape you on any mods you did "£25 admin fee" before they even told you the price of the mod on your insurance premium.
Brentacre will always get a from me as they have only ever been superb to deal with!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Admiral are useless 23 database queries in 0.0131741 seconds