corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1998 SXI 1.2 16V Corsa B. Central Locking Problems!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1998 SXI 1.2 16V Corsa B. Central Locking Problems!
Stevie-Corsa

User status: Offline
24th Mar 10 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi and first i'd like to say hello to the community so HI

But down to the matter at hand.

Just bought this corsa and the central locking is well... quite buggered. First of all when I lock drivers door, it triggers the central locking and the locking swings into effect, but releases itself 2-3 seconds later without fail everytime. Tried the fuses, took the panels off and tried for loose wires, but nothing seems out of the ordinary, tried the ECU in the drivers footwell and seen if there were any loose wires, and also checked the relays on the passengers side. Well, I would appreciate any help.
Terry12

24th Mar 10 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a faulty central locking motor.
When you lock the car watch the door pins and see if one doesn't go down.
I think it's a safety measure so you don't walk off thinking the car is locked, But if one motor doesn't lock all doors unlock.

And welcome to the forum
Stevie-Corsa

25th Mar 10 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh, both door pins go down if i lock from drivers but the passenger reopens but you can see the drivers pin make an attempt to rise but cant because the keys still in the lock. But if i were to lock the passenger side, only that would lock.
Terry12

25th Mar 10 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like drivers side locking motor then.
Only £10 from a scrap yard.
Stevie-Corsa

26th Mar 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well thanks mate, i'll have a look around but the scrappy scenes dying up here

New Poll