corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa b red top

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa b red top
dan_1

User status: Offline
   2nd Apr 10 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hiya i am new to this forum but was wondering if somone could help me out please. i recently brought myself a corsa red top. now i have been having big problems with it. not the car itself but insuring it. now i was lead to belive that once a car was registerd with dvla it would come up on the insurance screen as a 2l corsa so i have spent the last two months registering it. to my disbelief i hasnt done it still comes up with a 1.4 corsa sport. now i am 20 years old with two years no claims, can anyone give me advise with insuring it. many of my mates say just insure it as a 1.4, thats all good till somthing goes wrong then your in court because your insurance was invailed. now has anyone been in my situation and can they give me a little advies please thanks
Adam_B

2nd Apr 10 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so have you got the logbook back and it still says 1.4 on it? If not the system they use takes a while to update, just tell them what engine it is when you phone the insurance, as long as its on the logbook it will update eventually.
McWillster

2nd Apr 10 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah in the same position myself right now. Give Adrian Flux a phone or Brentacre. Then state that it has had an engine conversion and they'll do you a quote. Found that Adrian flux were quite cheap for me. 19, 2 years NCB £1300 tpf&t.
Rich H

2nd Apr 10 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try Greenlight - were cheaper then Flux/HIC or Brentacre for me by quite a bit.
dan_1

2nd Apr 10 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i got my v5 through the post on monday, it says in top corner model corsa 1.4 sport, but engine size it says 1998cc so it has changed the engine size but isnt coming up on insurance computers as 2l. now i have tried loads of times insuring it as a 2l but they all seem to say sorry we dont insure engine convertions because they are a risk ect. i have tried adrian flux and they said they wouldnt insure me lol confussing
Adam_B

2nd Apr 10 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will change eventually then.

Loads of places wont bother quoting you, even though its a really common thing to do on corsas in the rest of the world its pretty rare to stick a bigger engine in from another car. I think flux have policy about under 21s. Try the others Rich said.
Rich H

2nd Apr 10 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seen your only 20. Jesus. Pushing your luck imo.

I'm 22 with 4yrs NCB on the car policy, 2 on my van and 2 on another car and I still fork out £780 TPFT ( I hate being TPFT) with all mods and the conversion declared
Oli_p

2nd Apr 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think it updates on insurance databases, if i get a quote for my car it still comes up as a 1.4 but is registered as a 2.0 on logbook
dan_1

3rd Apr 10 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got myself sorted out with insurance, tptf comes with legal cover, 5 star break dwn cover ect for £1400, which i think isnt to bad. thanks for everyones help
Nic Barnes

3rd Apr 10 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Oli_p
i dont think it updates on insurance databases, if i get a quote for my car it still comes up as a 1.4 but is registered as a 2.0 on logbook

same. 5 years ago nearly i registered mine. says 1998cc on log book ie the paper document.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa b red top 22 database queries in 0.0120599 seconds