corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Newly fitted rev gauge reading incorrectly

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Newly fitted rev gauge reading incorrectly
Gazdaman

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 10 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I bought a cheap rev gauge, meant to run off the coil, but since mine's a diesel it still has the green wire, it just comes from the alternator.

So I wired it all up, works fine.

But for some reason it reckons I'm idling at 2k rpm with redline being at about 10k.

So I reckon it's reading double?

Could be a by product of it reading from this feed on the alternator rather than a coil. The gauge has different switches on the back, depending on how many cylinders you have. I'd tried all the different possibilities, and this one gives me the best reading, i.e the lowest at idle.

My question, do you think there's anything I can do about it easily? I sort of suspect it's just a fact I have to deal with, since I'm not actually using the gauge properly.

Gaz

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Newly fitted rev gauge reading incorrectly 22 database queries in 0.3361971 seconds