corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » what should i pay for brakes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what should i pay for brakes
cranney

User status: Offline
4th Apr 10 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am a bit stuck for cash as i have just lost my job and have just put a nova gsi engine in my 1.2 corsa and was looking at getting sum astra 1.6 brakes or diesel brakes or even sum corsa sport brakes any help would be benificial e.g where to get them from and how much to pay and cost cutting advice
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Apr 10 at 06:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you use Corsa Sport Brakes, get the 1.6 ones (Larger disc over a 1.4) or even Tigra ones (both 1.4 & 1/6 Tigras run the same as a 1.6 Corsa)

The above will be running Vented Discs, your 1.2 should be solid - so you will need to use the Calipers, Carriers and Discs, and obivously carry out bleeding of the brakes after fitting.

You could get the above parts for not a massive amount from a scrappers i'd imagine

Also consider Cav/Astra/Calibra 2.0 Brakes - same size as the 1.6 Sport/Tigra brakes, but thicker discs - again you would need to get Calipers, Carriers and Discs, and carry out bleeding

New Poll