corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance day

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance day
jibjob

User status: Offline
6th Apr 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well my insurance is up at the end of this month and im looking to change companies. Only problem is im trying to insure my car all modifications delcared which in itself isnt too hard BUT i have a shit driving record (6 month ban for totalling 12points and then 3 points for speeding and a crash with no other vehicles involved and no injuries) Judge as you wish but i was an idiot with the things i did but i realised that and have now changed. So ideally im after a company that either insures or brokers you a policy that is cheap. The best quote ive had so far is through Adrian Flux at £1500 with is a bit on the steap side but still the best so far Direct line are the cheapest for me if i dont delcare modifications but everywhere else is better for modifications delcared but points not. I want to delcare BOTH points and modifications so can anyone point in a good direction?

Also what are peoples opinions on the removal of points etc and then declaring it to insurance? You can remove the points after 3 years but some companies ask for convictions within 5 years. Would you get them removed after 3 then just not declare them? The same goes for crashes some companies its 3 years some its 5.
Mertin

6th Apr 10 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brent Acre are supposed to be good with modifications
noshua

6th Apr 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How old are you?
jibjob

6th Apr 10 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im 21 mate.
noshua

6th Apr 10 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd snap the £1500 offer up before they realise it's a mistake
shaunmods
Premium Member

6th Apr 10 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HIC were £300 cheaper for me than flux might be worth giving them a call mate
saj_123

6th Apr 10 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Elephant are quite good.
Nick A

6th Apr 10 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would you considor declaring modifications but not declaring convictions or the other way around

What ever way you look at it that way your policy is void! Why bother with insurance then?
AlexW

6th Apr 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^He IS trying to insure it correctly!
scottyp1989

7th Apr 10 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have to declare convictions for 5 years, on your licence for 4, even if you dont declare them after they have come off your licence they will still find out

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance day 22 database queries in 0.3735960 seconds