corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » quick question.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author quick question.
GTM

User status: Offline
8th Apr 10 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probs been a bit think but what is this called?
It has a number on both sides and someone i know sais that your fuel will mix better if its turned around. Is he chatting bollocks?

Rob E

8th Apr 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one side will say 95, the other will say 98. its called a RON plug. Depending on which fuel you use (95 or 98 RON) The plug will change the ecu ignition map slightly to suit the fuel type and prevent engine pinking. So basically if you just use standard fuel (which is 95 ROM, leave it alone. If you use high octane stuff, which is 98-99 RON turn it over

edit: heres a like that explains it in detail http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/info/ron_plugs/ron_plugs.htm

[Edited on 08-04-2010 by Rob E]
GTM

8th Apr 10 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob E
one side will say 95, the other will say 98. its called a RON plug. Depending on which fuel you use (95 or 98 RON) The plug will change the ecu map slightly to suit the fuel type. So basically if you just use standard fuel (which is 95 ROM, leave it alone. If you use high octane stuff, which is 98-99 RON turn it over

Thanks buddy thats great.

My mate turned it over and it was running abit ruff and drinking fuel. Could this be the cause?
Rob E

8th Apr 10 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will indeed, turn it back over and it will be fine
GTM

8th Apr 10 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob E
it will indeed, turn it back over and it will be fine

Its been like that for awhile no wonder its been a dog. Thanks for the help mate

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » quick question. 22 database queries in 0.0107739 seconds