corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road wars - punishments make me angry

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Road wars - punishments make me angry
Matt L

User status: Offline
8th Apr 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why oh why when they catch someone who is a disqualified driver do they ban then from driving for another period of times its frigging obvious they dont listen to it or stop driving would be so much simpler to shoot the cunts

honestly why cant they just once they stop a fleeing car or stop a banned driver or someone on drugs or uninsured people or ones who have nicked cars just shoot them there and then would save so much time and money honestly boils my piss

[/rant]
Daveskater
Premium Member

8th Apr 10 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

+1

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
l15ter

8th Apr 10 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
+1

+2
Lilwelsh

8th Apr 10 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the kid who ran in that clio i felt proper sorry for, his kids not well and when he did co-opereate (sp) they threw the book at him?????
that just proves that cops can be muppits altho he shouldnt have run and he was under the drink drive limit, a 12 month ban was a bit harsh especially with one ill child and one on the way....
thats just my opinion though lol
Eddx14xe

8th Apr 10 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, that guy with the clio got a 12month ban but the guy with the 106, who was actually racing down residential streets, only got banned for 6 months and a £65 fine
Matt L

8th Apr 10 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree they are stupid with the things they give out even more annoying when they give out 1 day in jail as a punishment wtf is the point?
Ben G

8th Apr 10 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it annoys me when they always seem to get a community order aswell.

like fuck that will make them change.

it's a fucking farce. labours fault.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

8th Apr 10 at 22:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was watching Car Crime Uk just were they said they gave a fixed penalty notice for no insurance £200 and 6 points. Just shows how bad the problem is when they've felt it necessary to bring in a new fixed penalty notice. The punishment is nowhere near enough tho imo. Needs a fine that makes it not worth not getting insured
Eddx14xe

8th Apr 10 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£3000 fine, that will be more than people pay for insurance.

That way, its more expensive to not have it and get caught, then actually be legal and having it.

£200 fine, i pay £166 a month to insure my car, so if i got caught every 2 months without insurance i would be paying like £700 less than i pay for my insurance
Lilwelsh

8th Apr 10 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think that the laws on insurance should be revised, a mate of mine lost his sister to an uninsured driver and he got a 6 month ban and a £200 fine and a slap on the wrist, makes me sick man
Eddx14xe

8th Apr 10 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whereas a insured driver would of got done for death by dangerous driving and gone to prison
Tomnova16
Premium Member

8th Apr 10 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There were some mouthy girls going on about their baby fathers lol got a £80 for swearing ha. Cannot stand people that talk like that

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
gtitim

9th Apr 10 at 06:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let's just make one thing clear -

Police arrest and prosecute charges. It is the courts who decide what punishment offenders get if they are found guilty. Police have no influence on the punishment given my the courts.

A fixed penalty notice for no insurance is the same as a speeding fine etc - pay it and you get fine and points. Refuse to pay - go to court. A ticket takes 10 minutes to write out. Reporting someone to court, the associated paperwork and then a court summons and appearance takes a lot lot longer and costs to the taxpayer (you) a lot lot more.

As for Traffic Cops last night:

Lad in 106 had 10 pts already, and was in his two yrs. He got reported for speeding, as there wasnt enough evidence ( from what i could see from watching it) to prosecute any other offences. He got banned by the COURTS for totting up.

The Clio driver failed to stop for Police despite speaking to an officer, then drove like a muppet. He gets reported for failing to stop (proven by cameras) and careless driving (again proven by cameras). He had also been drinking and provided a positive breath sample. The fact of the matter was that he probably took over an hr to get from the stop to the breath test machine in the station, and blew under when tested. Had he blown 40+ and not 28, he would be banned.
They showed the other side of it - poorly kid etc - to show officers do have some compassion and discretion. HOWEVER - he did fail to stop, drove like a tool, causing a pursuit which put his, his passengers, the officers involved and members of the public at risk. He duly got punished for that by the COURTS.

If you hadnt guessed, I am a Police Officer. We can get equally as frustrated by the punishments given out by the Courts, but have no control over it.

Some people on here seem to blame everything on the Police, continually slate them, especially if they are stopped for 'no reason' or if they get points. Our job is hard enough as it is - we are under funded, under staffed and generally over-worked contrary to what your opinions will be. We have to deal with everything from motoring offences to missing persons, mentally ill people, serious violent crime, drugs, theft, burglary, criminal damage, sexualt assaults, robbery and anything between. And that's just a response officer like myself ( and gives examples of what I am currently investigating).

Sorry to rant but please bear in mind how frustrating it can be for us too. And for the record - I have never issued one speeding ticket. A bollocking usually has a better effect.
l15ter

9th Apr 10 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
There were some mouthy girls going on about their baby fathers lol got a £80 for swearing ha. Cannot stand people that talk like that

i live near the areas in which they film road wars
BarnshaW

9th Apr 10 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so does tom?
Neo

9th Apr 10 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
Let's just blah blah blah better effect.

I think its more "how do the courts justify the varying punishments ?"

The lad in the 106 was blatently racing and iirc was done for Driving without due care and attention. Totting up or not, that should have been a lengthy ban whereas the guy in the clio was banned for a year.

Stupid system imo, if you were driving like the guy in the 106 you deserve to be gang raped tbh.
grez12

9th Apr 10 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Sorry to rant but please bear in mind how frustrating it can be for us too. And for the record - I have never issued one speeding ticket. A bollocking usually has a better effect.

are you one of the ones on a pushbike???lol
DaveyLC

9th Apr 10 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For a while they were just taking the cars and crushing them every time but they dont even seem to do that now?
oceansoul

9th Apr 10 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Lad in 106 had 10 pts already, and was in his two yrs. He got reported for speeding, as there wasnt enough evidence ( from what i could see from watching it) to prosecute any other offences. He got banned by the COURTS for totting up.

There was plenty of evidence to prosecute him for careless driving or whatever. Did you not watch the show.....
Matt L

9th Apr 10 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasnt so much blaming the police as i know its the courts that issue the penaltys but i was just stating that if you shot them there and then for being an arse and a waste of time then much less paper work and money needs to be wasted on these people.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

9th Apr 10 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
so does tom?

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Drift_Erm
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

9th Apr 10 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It all depends on what police officer you get really... i have had police pull me over, they have a little chit chat, do the usual checks and go on there way.... its the real jobs worth police officers that give them a bad name.

I got pulled before and the police who were adiment there was going to be drugs or a weapon in the car, litterally stripped it on the side of a dual carridge way, pulled EVERYTHING out of my car, fucked my speakers and cd player, fused several things somehow (interior light, clock n temp on dash, water temp gauge, petrol gauge,... yet didnt find anything except for a 3/4 size breaker bar which was in my boot, under the carpet, on top of spare wheel and tried to claim it as a weapon

They then decided that they had not quite fucked me enough, so started giving me fines for the most ridiculous things.... not having enough water washer fluid. The smallest bit of rubber was frayed at one end of my rear window wiper. Also got fined for headlights that WERE e-marked as i had the packaging! And they then acted like they were doing me a favour......

Those are the type of police that give the entire constabulary a bad name, They are not there to support and help members of our community, they're not there to make the roads a safer place, just there to abuse their authority and have a power trip!

Matt L

9th Apr 10 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hope you didnt pay the fines and went ape shit at the station about them?

sounds a bit rediculous to me although what was their original reason for pulling you over?
Daimo B

9th Apr 10 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its why I don't watch these programs anymore.

Also the fact they've never shown mine
Drift_Erm
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

9th Apr 10 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has to be said, it would be rather funny to see yourself on roadwars!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road wars - punishments make me angry 23 database queries in 0.1222911 seconds