corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Old People Shouldn't Be On The Road!!!!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Old People Shouldn't Be On The Road!!!!!!!!
jimmy 2.1

User status: Offline
   10th Apr 10 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After spending nearly all morning washing, claying and polishing the car, some old bastard that was around 75, decided it was a good idea in his '58 plate Honda Jazz to drive into the side of me!

Picture the scenario. Its a three lane carriageway 30mph. Inside lane is for turning left and straight on. Middle for straight on and right hand lane for turning right only. I've set off from the traffic lights in the right hand lane going to the next set of light which is 500 yards away which is where you turn right. I'd set off from at the front of the lights with the guy in the Jazz right next to me. I was only going around 10mph slowing up for the traffic lights when the berk just turned into the side of me! I was right next to him, half a cars length in front of him! He claimed responsibilty, but his wife tried blaming me, saying i'd come up the inside of them, even though i was in front! I could see what was about to happen as everything seemed slow motion. I turned into he kerb and stopped fucking one of my wheels!

I was only picking the dog up from the groomers! Luckily i had my camara with me as i was gonna get some pics of it with what was meant to be its new cleanness! No witnesses though, as they all drove off! Tossers!

Lads down at the bodyshop i use think it could be written off due to the fact its not worth that much and the cost of a brand new replacement door.

Anyway, pics..

And pics of the good side....

Ben G

10th Apr 10 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unlucky mate.

it's old people and women i find.
mattk

10th Apr 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PLOP

old people are fucking useless at driving
John G

10th Apr 10 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can she claim you come up the inside of them when you were to the right of them?
John G

10th Apr 10 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id be suprised if its written off, is the wing and sill dented or just the black paint transfered over, surely a door wouldnt cos much? does it have to be a new door?
Chris x

10th Apr 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That will get written off!

Bastard!
dan-sport

10th Apr 10 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know you come down telford abit jimmy so if you didn't want a brand new door theres a scrappy in telford with 5/6 tigra's all with doors
Jamie-C

10th Apr 10 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris x

Bastard!
Why? The only damage seems to be the door. And that doesn't even look bad, looks as though it will pop out with a bit of persuasion.
jimmy 2.1

10th Apr 10 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance would stipulate a new door wouldn't they? Its broke the wing mirror off, but i've popped it back on for now till the assessor comes to look at it. Hopefully it'll just be a fix it up job! The black marks is from his tyre where he was driving onto my car, which shows where he started driving into me.

Thing that made me laugh was she started blaming the position of wing mirrors on modern day cars. She said, 'these mirrors are rubbish, its their fault. Back in my day you had mirrors here (points to front of wing)' I thought, what?! 50 fucking years ago?!
Chris x

10th Apr 10 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
quote:
Originally posted by Chris x

Bastard!
Why? The only damage seems to be the door. And that doesn't even look bad, looks as though it will pop out with a bit of persuasion.
My Corsa was written off for a scuffed wing, bumper, wheel and broken headlight. I was given £1200 and I could keep it and it wasnt cat'd.

I would have thought insurers will value it at atround £800-£1200 and not even bother.

Im not expert but just comparing it with how my car was.
jimmy 2.1

10th Apr 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamie, pic doesn't show how bad the door is. Its properly creased, not just pushed in.
Chris x

10th Apr 10 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jimmy 2.1
Insurance would stipulate a new door wouldn't they? Its broke the wing mirror off, but i've popped it back on for now till the assessor comes to look at it. Hopefully it'll just be a fix it up job! The black marks is from his tyre where he was driving onto my car, which shows where he started driving into me.

Thing that made me laugh was she started blaming the position of wing mirrors on modern day cars. She said, 'these mirrors are rubbish, its their fault. Back in my day you had mirrors here (points to front of wing)' I thought, what?! 50 fucking years ago?!

It may work to your advantage, if they pay out and whilst it gets fixed up they can do the rear arch aswel!
jimmy 2.1

10th Apr 10 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats exactly what i was thinking. But need a new car anyway for other reasons
shaunmods
Premium Member

10th Apr 10 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Argh what a complete pain in the arse Really sorry to hear that Jimmy, it was started to look so nice as well!

I have to agree with Chris though, I don't think the insurance will want to repair it. I had the same situation as chris. The insurance declared mine a total loss but it didn't get put into a cat so it can sometimes work out alright if you get a decent payout. I got to keep my car for free as well

Hope it all works out for the best mate. Such as shame to see it damaged

[Edited on 10-04-2010 by shaunmods]
chrex

10th Apr 10 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, i've had a few instances where i got lucky wit old people. I had a truck pull out on my y'day on way to tweeks coz it was overtaking an old guy in a proton doing 45mph!

I get annoyed everytime i go out in the day now...nobody can fuckin drive!
spankyjames

10th Apr 10 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.vauxhall-car-parts.co.uk/acatalog/Tigra93-Body_panels.html

brand new gm door skin £4.50!!!!!!!!
Rick Draper

10th Apr 10 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spankyjames
http://www.vauxhall-car-parts.co.uk/acatalog/Tigra93-Body_panels.html

brand new gm door skin £4.50!!!!!!!!

Easier to just find a decent door than to fit a skin imho.
Ash_EP3

10th Apr 10 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They say young people are bad drivers... Bollocks!!!

I was behind two old people yesterday, one in a micra and another in a tigra . Doing 35mph in a 60 and 40mph in a 30

Everytime another car would come along on the otherside of the road they'd brake and pull over to the left!? Very nervous, slow reactions and the confidence of a learner on their driving test!

As it happens I overtook both of them

Thats why younger people are supposedly the worst drivers because they haven't got all cunting day to drive at 30mph in a 60 - they end up overtaking and either binning it or pissing loads of people off....
spankyjames

10th Apr 10 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bet as you went passed you said "vtec just kicked in yo"
Ash_EP3

10th Apr 10 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spankyjames
bet as you went passed you said "vtec just kicked in yo"

I couldn't say anything at the time, my face was like this when the vtec kicked in:

chrex

10th Apr 10 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i was stuck behind an old couple in an astra doing 30 on a quick NSL road last night about 21:30. I had an audi behind me...and i wanted to make progress as roads were clear. When it straightened i went past him, and then he flashed me, and moved his car into the middle of the road and blocked the audi from following me round. Road was clear of opposing traffic.

He was creeping towards me as i stomped past, and thats what causes accidents. People thinking its illegal to overtake on any road and making it difficult to do so even though they are guilty of 'undue care and attention' because they havent spotted big white discs with a black line.

Dickheads.

[Edited on 10-04-2010 by chrex]
Rich H

10th Apr 10 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to see this mate. There are plenty of people out there these days who can't drive. Not good.

Hope you manage to get it sorted
Graeme
Premium Member

10th Apr 10 at 23:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a wanker. pretty sure that will be a right off but make it work in your favour.

push for good money for the car and work in a cheap price to buy back. then a new door and paint the side. simples.

least its still drivable.
AlexW

11th Apr 10 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit luck man. Might be worth cleaning the tyre crap off before the assessor comes, make it look a bit better? You might get lucky with the write off.
Shame as i like this car.

Speaking of old people, had one pull out on me, 60MPH limit (which i was doing), Just pulled out in front of me from a pub, Didnt even bother to slow down/look. Had to stamp on the brakes, while they got the horn. Then they procedded to drive at 30mph before braking suddnly when there was a turn off...
evans_corsab

11th Apr 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh thats a bummer , really liked this tigra , i think with the older cars now they write them off for any reason

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Old People Shouldn't Be On The Road!!!!!!!! 22 database queries in 0.0218999 seconds