corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » hot_plug.exe making cpu run at 100%

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hot_plug.exe making cpu run at 100%
Matt L

User status: Offline
11th Apr 10 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

parents pc is being queer again it randomly started going deathly slow (more than usual anyway) yesterday morning, and wont let you do anything so afterlooking through the processes thats going on it looks like hot_plug.exe is causing all the shit as once i end it its fine wtf is it and what has caused it to through its toys out the pram all of a sudden?

Matt

oh and more importantly how do i fix it?
N3CRO

11th Apr 10 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Duno if this'll help or not...

Related to the SiS_Hot_Plug_Application. Enables automated driver loading for hotpluggable devices. If this service is stopped, hotplug devices will no longer function
AlunJ

11th Apr 10 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you bring up the run command, type in msconfig, on one of the tabs... the last one I think? should be able to stop this hot_plug.exe from starting up when you boot the pc.
dannymccann

11th Apr 10 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isnt much on Google about fixing it, I assume you could uninstall and reinstall using motherboard/system drivers on the disc it came with (if any?).

You can disable it from startup using Run/MSCONFIG so it doesnt start up anymore but as TNO says anything it supposed to power or load wont work...

edit - usual guff, windows updates? driver updates for the core components on the PC (motherboard drivers, chipset drivers etc etc)

[Edited on 11-04-2010 by dannymccann]
Steve
Premium Member

11th Apr 10 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/windows-xp-support/71961-hot_plug-exe-sis-raid.html
pow
Premium Member

12th Apr 10 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought hot_plug was to do with RAID

New Poll