corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall Dealer

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall Dealer
Willox

User status: Offline
11th Apr 10 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a quick question. Looking at trading my clio in for an astra vxr I think but the one I had planned on buying had sold so what I'm trying to find out is that when you do a used car search on vauxhall's website it brings up X amount of cars for sale nationwide. Can my local Belmont Vauxhall dealer in Aberdeen request to bring a car up from say Perry's or Pentagon down south? Can they shift stock about through the network Q setup without me travelling down there?

Reason I ask basicly is because I've never bought a car from a dealer before. Cheers for any replies
Colin

11th Apr 10 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can do it but you need to commit to buy in most cases before seeing it. Or they'll charge you x-amount to bring it up.

Would be easier if you travelled to the car tbh........surely theres loads around within a days road trip to see??
Willox

11th Apr 10 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is but my reason for going through vauxhall is i kinda know one of the salesman so he's going sort me out with a good deal on a vxr including a remus turbo-back exhaust. If i was to go else where the exhaust would cost me about £1000 on top of the finance package.

Theres a red 2007 '56' plate one 2 minutes down the road from me for £12,000 with the 19's and gloss black dash and 6,900 miles from new but the synchro feels as if its on its way out in the gearbox
Pop

12th Apr 10 at 06:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can shift stock but only in the same way they can from any garage, basically they would have to buy the car from the other dealer. Often this doesn't leave enough margin in it to make it worthwhile. If both garages were owned by the same company, for eample Perrys, then it would be easier.

[Edited on 12-04-2010 by Pop]
Warren G

12th Apr 10 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no its netq, i belevie they can do it....

best thing to do is ask
Willox

12th Apr 10 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's a network Q thing I beleive. I'll get in touch with them again tomorrow,hopefully the boy I'm dealing with isn't off ill again so I can get something sorted out
Pop

12th Apr 10 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok this is coming from my experience of selling cars at a Network Q approved dealership.

There was one other garage in our little group, we could swap the carrs happily between us.

Network Q was a different story. Basically Network Q is the name given to the used car setup which incorporates a certain standard level and warranty. No dealerships are obligated to let another dealerhip borrow or even sell them the car. Often when I rang other dealerships they were prepared to sell us the car but for a price that often wasn't financially viable for us. Many customers also aren't keen on paying for a car before they see it and why should a garage buy it on the off chance that you might want it.

My advice would be travel to the dealership that has the car as you will get a better deal. If not the by all means ask your local dealership to see what they can do. They may well be able to sort it out for you.

Good luck with it.
Willox

12th Apr 10 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Pop! That's of some help. I'll probably still speak to the boy and see what he says as he said before if that one sold he would easily manage to get me something I wanted so we'll see if he can first
Pop

12th Apr 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah definately ask him, he may well be able to sort something out.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall Dealer 22 database queries in 0.0124211 seconds