corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cars and Coffee v.4.10 *Top Gear Style!*

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cars and Coffee v.4.10 *Top Gear Style!*
SVT2888

User status: Offline
12th Apr 10 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I almost didn't go to Cars and Coffee this past Saturday morning. I got out or work "early," which means 4:30am, and there were ominous clouds in the horizon. Immediately I started thinking about just going to sleep and skipping Cars and Coffee all together. But, alas, I decided to take a gamble and drive out to Irvine hoping that the clouds would hold out. Plus, what if they did hold out and something really cool showed up and I found out later?! Then I would be kicking my self for being lazy and not going. Anyways, the clouds weren't THAT bad! It only looked like a typical British summer's day.

Anyways, as to the Top Gear reference...

There was a Peel P50 in attendance! The smallest production "car," to use the term loosely, ever made! The car that Jeremy Clarkson drove through the BBC offices! It was definitely the...errrr...biggest...attention getter of the day!

I of course couldn't help but marvel at the cars tiny size and just wonder...If Jeremy Clarkson can fit in one, can I? My friends thought it would be funny just to take a picture of me NEXT to the car. But no sir, I didn't think that'd be funny enough. I pondered out loud whether it'd be possible for me to sit in the car Clarkson style. The owner overheard me and after analyzing my 6'4" light built frame with a funny look on his face said..."Go Ahead and try!" So of course I did! Much to my amazement I could actually sit in it and possibly drive it! Whether I fit...well...that's a relative term. Some girls claim to wear a certain size of pants, but the term "muffin top" wasn't created over NOTHING!

At first it didn't feel to bad to sit in the car, as the door was open. But then the owner closed the door on me with a big grin on his face and asked "How do you like it now?"DOH! That's what I get for boasting about the surprising roominess. Good thing I'm not claustrophobic because other than head room there was little room in there! It was a very weird feeling. I felt like I was doing one of those David Blayne magic tricks. It was great fun though and the crowd certainly enjoyed the spectacle. Big thumps up to the owner for letting me do that little experiment.

Oh yeah and the Porsche 904 GTS in attendance was the real deal Holyfield!

Now on to the usual business, here are my picks of this past weekends top pics:

As always the full gallery is available at CNCpics.com

P.S. Max you lazy bum! Hope you have a good excuse for missing out!

[Edited on 12-04-2010 by SVT2888]
SVM 286

14th Apr 10 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the police car, the oddball Ferrari, the Toyota, the rats, the big white thing and of course, the little blue thing.

Pretty Lincoln badge too.
CorsAsh

14th Apr 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Toyota GT2000 is gorgeous.
SVM 286

14th Apr 10 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tis, tisn't it.

Hard to believe the cold, evil, callous, soulless slants could create something so elegant and pretty.

N3CRO

14th Apr 10 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The red Celica. One word. WANT!
mike56gte

14th Apr 10 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is this in irvine as in the place in texas?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cars and Coffee v.4.10 *Top Gear Style!* 22 database queries in 0.0090239 seconds