corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » help required.....someone trying to claim off my insurance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help required.....someone trying to claim off my insurance
M2RTY

User status: Offline
14th Apr 10 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

help needed,

i have just had a phonecall about a policy we have on a car that has not moved in weeks. Someone has gave my details in a crash that happened yesterday. I rang CIS (my insurance company) and they could not give me any more information. Someone will ring me back tomorrow afternoon.

My driving licence has been sent back to DVLA for its 10 year renewal, this worries me as it could have gone missing in the post. However i kept my card part and said I had lost it as I use it fo ID when out drinking.

I am going to get a crime ref number right away as I don't want anything like this having any impact on me. Once I find the bastards responsible they are in for it.

Thanks

Martyn
Generation

14th Apr 10 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
help needed,

i have just had a phonecall about a policy we have on a car that has not moved in weeks. Someone has gave my details in a crash that happened yesterday. I rang CIS (my insurance company) and they could not give me any more information. Someone will ring me back tomorrow afternoon.

My driving licence has been sent back to DVLA for its 10 year renewal, this worries me as it could have gone missing in the post. However i kept my card part and said I had lost it as I use it fo ID when out drinking.

I am going to get a crime ref number right away as I don't want anything like this having any impact on me. Once I find the bastards responsible they are in for it.

Thanks

Martyn

How is it you'd like help?
M2RTY

14th Apr 10 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

posting sarcy remarks always helps
22B

14th Apr 10 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
help needed,

Thanks

Martyn

Did you manage to get the name of the company who called you?. I had something similar happen to me last year, I would get called by a company, claiming that I had been involved in an accident, Ive never been involved in an accident. They asked me for some personal details for me to proceed at which point I refused.

Never heard back from them until recently, they started ringing me several times a day, in the end I rang them up and asked to be removed from their database, to which the woman said had I spoke to one of the sales team and I said I was not interested.

I havent been called back since, but found out that the company were Group direct, and a search revealed a lot of people have been getting contacted for no reason what so ever.

shaunmods
Premium Member

14th Apr 10 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 22BDid you manage to get the name of the company who called you?. I had something similar happen to me last year, I would get called by a company, claiming that I had been involved in an accident, Ive never been involved in an accident. They asked me for some personal details for me to proceed at which point I refused.

Never heard back from them until recently, they started ringing me several times a day, in the end I rang them up and asked to be removed from their database, to which the woman said had I spoke to one of the sales team and I said I was not interested.

I havent been called back since, but found out that the company were Group direct, and a search revealed a lot of people have been getting contacted for no reason what so ever.

This has happened to me as well before. Some random company rang me saying it was in response to my accident they reckon I'd been in. I hadn't even had a crash Never heard off them again though

If your insurance company don't know anything about it its probably the same sort of thing

[Edited on 14-04-2010 by shaunmods]
scottyp1989

14th Apr 10 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this happen to me, people phoning up saying some one was claiming against me after an accident, just never took no notice of it as where they were saying the accident had happend i had never been
Generation

14th Apr 10 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I was confused as you said you wanted help, but didn;'t leave any unanswered questions
22B

14th Apr 10 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know how these companies are allowed to get away with it, before I rang them back they would ring 4 or 5 times a day and on the occassion I would answer it would hang up and ring through.

My guess is that they obtain your details from insurance companies and have the numbers on a autodial system as they never seem to get the hint about you not answering their calls.

I typed the number into google and a lot of people found out that the company used a building as a mail drop for all their mail, but it wasnt the actual company headquarters.

M2RTY

14th Apr 10 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the call from direct from CIS. I checked the number before i rang it as i am always on my guard with regards to scam phone calls.

going to ring back in a sec and speak to someone else

thanks

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » help required.....someone trying to claim off my insurance 22 database queries in 0.0078299 seconds