corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help help help please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help help help please
lCeOwRiSsA

User status: Offline
   19th Apr 10 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

please can somebody help me i have just brought a corsa b 1.4 16v sport ecotec a month ago it was running sweet as a nut but over the last week it has started playing up such as it will rev right round to the limiter out of gear but when the choke is on first thing it goes stink but once warmed you put your foot right down you can feel it holding back and takes ages to get anywhere and sometimes the engine jerkswhen you let off but if you gragely put your foot down its better on tick over you can hear it misfire every now and again but slightly i have changed spark plugs, idle speed sensor, sensor above the water bottle, water temp sensor, crank sensor and not getting very far quick still. i have also cleaned out the exhaust manifold EGR valve if thats what it called lol but still not winning does anyone have any ideas before i give up? want to get it done for PVS show many thanks lewis
Vivasam

19th Apr 10 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try disconnecting the air flow meter, just unplug it and start the car. If it starts ok, take it for a run round the block, or up the gears if you see what I mean. Does it run better than before, if so, the suspect for your poblem is the afm. Reconnect it and try again to see if the car starts ok. If it does, it is probably the map sensor that is working overtime because the afm is on the way out.
Robo C20Let

19th Apr 10 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try changing the fuel relay, fuel filter
lCeOwRiSsA

19th Apr 10 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so the map sensor is the one above the header tank , how do you get the amf out i tryed to get it out today but found it to be a pig lol
lCeOwRiSsA

19th Apr 10 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where do i find the fuel relay. could it be the fuel pump , its just it fine when first start cold with choke on it run fine till worm . but why it judder like it kangaroo lol when you let off doing about 90
Robo C20Let

19th Apr 10 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fuel relay can do all sorts of weird and wonderful things i have just ordered a new one for my car, your fuel relay will be near the fues board under the steering wheel, it will look like a black rectangle with 4 plugs on it (might be 5 plugs)
lCeOwRiSsA

19th Apr 10 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i unpluged the AFM and it started up like normal and drove like it has for last week or so, but the EM light came on , i pulled in and pluged it back in and started up the same but no light and it drove the same . thinking about it the light came on cup of times week ago when i was crusin along but when i rev up it went off
lCeOwRiSsA

19th Apr 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i may have to get a fuel relay and try it, it some times feels like its got lak of fuel lol so sounds good , how much it cost you for new one , was going to get a fuel press reg ,
Robo C20Let

19th Apr 10 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they only cost about 15 quid, ebay has a few, wouldnt bother with a fuel reg the stndard one will be fine, try changing the fuel filter will be on the rear driver side cant miss it
lCeOwRiSsA

19th Apr 10 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will try that tomoz thanks . just getting fucked off with it lol. what you make out of the air flow meter tho
Robo C20Let

19th Apr 10 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the air flow meter should be ok by the sounds of it mine does that every now and then
lCeOwRiSsA

19th Apr 10 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will try do the relay and fillter tomoz and i will let you no lol thanks for your help peps. some one said it could be the bottom pulley moved but surely it would run realy shit
Robo C20Let

19th Apr 10 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think that would be a problem you could hear if it was the pully, drop us a message on how you get on
lCeOwRiSsA

19th Apr 10 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate will do ,

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help help help please 23 database queries in 0.0078270 seconds