corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 97' BMW 316 Coupe - swap for GSI?

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 97' BMW 316 Coupe - swap for GSI?
martynzs

User status: Offline
20th Apr 10 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make - BMW
Model - 316i Coupe
Engine - 1.6
Mileage - 157k
Price - 1295

Location - Ashford
Contact phone number - 07838702294 (text is best as I work odd hours)
Contact email address - martyndesigns@googlemail.com

General information - As title really, im after a GSI as a cheap/nippy runabout.

1997 'P' BMW 316i Coupe
Montreal Blue
MOT 03/11, 6 months TAX (NO advisories on the MOT, just needed a new ABS sensor)
E/W, E/M, E/S PAS, RCL
Half leather interior.
Harden Kardon factory upgraded speakers and LG usb/cd HU. Sounds bloody good! wires in boot ready for sub+amp.
157k, A nice wad of history and plenty of stamps in the book
Just been serviced about 500 miles ago inc: oil, fuel and air filters, oil and fluids, spark plugs.
New clutch in september
Very clean bodywork as you can see from the photos, shines up very nicely after a wash and polish. Ive photo'd the bad bits.
MTECH skirts, lights and spoiler.
17" MTECH alloys (genuine) with plenty of tread on the tyres (fair bit of curb rash from the previous owner (a friend of mine)

Been 100% reliable for me, always returns 34+ MPG (ive had 42 on the motorway) and is also VERY cheap to insure (im 22, 4 years NCB and I pay £320)

The bad (ive been very critical here):

I had a rabbit commit suicide on me back in december, resulting in a cracked bumper corner (pictured) and a missing fog light cover. Ive been on the lookout for a replacement on ebay, but my local BMW breaker reckons it will be easier and cheaper to bond this one back together. Looking at it the crack should 'snap' back together so wouldnt be too bigger job.

Tiny scab of rust on the NS rear arch, hasn't got to the point where im worried yet, just some paint bubbling.

Wear to the top of the steering wheel (pictured) and the gear knob has cracked (pictured)

The passenger window is easily offended (normally if JLS comes on radio 1 and you dont change it over quick enough) and sometimes refuses to open, only happens once a month or so and works after a day. Thought id mention it as its sods law it would do it when someone views!

Occasional flat spot at 2.7k, most likely a O2 sensor on its way, doesn't really effect you once your on the move but again worth mentioning.

Bonnet badge is flaking, but I have spare in the glove box, just havnt got round to swapping it.

Sometimes the starter spins off (1 in every 20 times), ive been told its a flat spot (?!) has never really bothered me, just turn the key again it goes. Again, ill mention it as its bound to do it when someone views...

Occasional judder from the clutch, mainly when pulling away uphill with 4 people in the car. Had a new clutch in september so id imagine its a slight warp on the flywheel. Again, never bothered me as I rarely have more than 2 people in the car.

So yeh, probably looks like a long list but I like to be critical as there is nothing worse than turning up to look at a car only to find out its wrist exercising!

Now feast your eyes on the pictures.

£1295 as a price to stick to the rules.

PM me with any questions

Im located in Ashford at the moment during this term.

[Edited on 20-04-2010 by martynzs]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 97' BMW 316 Coupe - swap for GSI? 24 database queries in 0.0096161 seconds