corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20xe loseing water HELP PLZ

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20xe loseing water HELP PLZ
taylor2008

User status: Offline
25th Apr 10 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After running my c20xe for a week ive noticd its lose water :-s it looks like its cuming from the thermostat so ive changd all the seals on there along with a bit of sealant and it's stil loseing it sumwere. dosnt look like the head gasket has gne,ive look'd at the oil cap and water bottle and there no signs of them mixing.all pipes seim to be tight

any 1 help me out on were to look next/check.

thanks taylor
Kieran
Premium Member

25th Apr 10 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You checked the 3 way pipe at the back. There basturds those thing. Or go in side the car and look at the heater matrix to see if it's leaking there
taylor2008

25th Apr 10 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kizzacorsab
You checked the 3 way pipe at the back. There basturds those thing. Or go in side the car and look at the heater matrix to see if it's leaking there

In side of car is dry,and theres no sign of water cuming frm the back of the engine, no wet spots on the drive ect
Kieran
Premium Member

25th Apr 10 at 13:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You say you have only had it in a week. Did you bleed it all though properly. Cos it loses warred though that if not properly bleeded. Just try that mabie does it get hot quick

[Edited on 25-04-2010 by kizzacorsab]
taylor2008

25th Apr 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You say you have only had it in a week. Did you bleed it all though properly. Cos it loses warred though that if not properly bleeded. Just try that mabie does it get hot quick

[Edited on 25-04-2010 by kizzacorsab]

Yh only a week, i crnt say that it gets hot quick either
all ive dun is let it run up to temp with the water cap off,
How would you say is the best way to bleed it then?as there's no bleed valve's on there or anyfink

[Edited on 25-04-2010 by taylor2008]
Kieran
Premium Member

25th Apr 10 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you interior heaters on full then just squezze the pipes. Then top it up to level then drive it then check again
Robo C20Let

26th Apr 10 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you getting white smoke out the exhaust, i had this problem a while ago and i had the smallest of leaks and because the temp of the engine it was coming out as steam not water, took me a while to find
taylor2008

26th Apr 10 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robo C20Let
are you getting white smoke out the exhaust, i had this problem a while ago and i had the smallest of leaks and because the temp of the engine it was coming out as steam not water, took me a while to find

Nope no smoke wat so ever.
ive just tried check for air in the systen again as Kizza said and if i leave it to get to temp with the cap off and heaters on its fine, soon as i turn the heaters off it boil's ouer within seconds.
and after i drove it home from work 2nyt witch is about 12 mile cum to take cap of the bottle and its under pressure not just a little bit either, once presure is releasd the water just dissapear's out of the tank :-s
im thnking of the water pump seizd?
Kieran
Premium Member

27th Apr 10 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone put rad weld in the system. Cos that could bugger everything to. What mine used to do when had that shit stuff in it.

With my redtop now I allways drive with heaters on. Just to keep it that little bit cooler. But you still have a problem somewhere.
Must be some kind of blockage somewhere. The only thing to do really is take all the pipes and rad and bits off give that a good blast though with the hose. Then see if it's anybetter.
taylor2008

27th Apr 10 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fitted a new thermostat ruber gasket 2nyt,the 1 that bolts on to the head. once that was done i washd the hole system out and backwards to clean it all out. once i dun that filld the tank back up went to start it up and nw it wont start! petrol going throu fine, im thnking that sum water has got into the electric wires sumwere which is breaking the circuit suwere.
any 1 got any ideas why this is?
Kieran
Premium Member

28th Apr 10 at 06:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coolent temp sensor. I would say mabie clean that out. Or do a paper clip test see what that brings up.
taylor2008

28th Apr 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Coolent temp sensor. I would say mabie clean that out. Or do a paper clip test see what that brings up.

there was no spark new dizzy cap and rotar arm fitted 2day and still nouthing its off the road now and engine comeing out for a rebuild.

thanks fir the help tho mate

[Edited on 28-04-2010 by taylor2008]
Kieran
Premium Member

28th Apr 10 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No probs m8. Hope it all goes well when it's back in

[Edited on 28-04-2010 by kizzacorsab]

New Poll