corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scam a Scammer......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scam a Scammer......
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Apr 10 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been receiving emails from this guy since listing my car on Gumtree - I was suspicious of his name but up to now the emails have been well put together, articulate with very few spelling/grammatical mistakes and were asking what appeared to be genuine questions. Anyway, after asking if I would negotiate on price yesterday, I sent one back saying yes within reason, this is the response I got:

quote:
Thanks for the prompt response.. i am willing to proceed with the transaction now and am buying the car as a birthday gift for my sonand i am at sea at the moment as i am a marine engineer and due to thenature of my work, phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send youan email regarding it. I really want the car to be a surprise gift forto my son so i wont let him know anything about the car until it getsdelivered to him, i am sure he will be more than happy with the car. Iinsisted on paypal because i don't have access to my bank accountonline as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypalaccount, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to giveme your paypal email address and the price so i can make the paymentsasap for the car and pls if you don't have paypal account yet, it isvery easy to set up, go to www.paypal.com and get it set up, after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use forregistration with paypal so as to get the money transfer into yourpaypal account. I have a pick up agent that will come and pick the carup after i have made the payments...

How can I scam him?

[Edited on 28-04-2010 by LiVe LeE]
RichR
Premium Member

28th Apr 10 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have Paypal and definately wouldn't use it for a transaction of this size anyway
AndyKent

28th Apr 10 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get him to prove he is who he says he is.
You want a picture of him on his boat with your name on a piece of paper or something

[Edited on 28-04-2010 by AndyKent]
oceansoul

28th Apr 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask for his name rank and number. Call up the navy and enquire as to his existence.

No doubt he will send you money, take the car then somehow return the money back to his account.
BarnshaW

28th Apr 10 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol at the people thinking the guy IS actually in the navy, its a point blank scam, exactly like the "deport to nigeria" ones but just worded differently.
SR91

28th Apr 10 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pypal would charge you rancid for that amount of monies!

AndyKent

28th Apr 10 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
lol at the people thinking the guy IS actually in the navy, its a point blank scam, exactly like the "deport to nigeria" ones but just worded differently.

I don't think he's in the navy you mong

Just calling his bluff. Make him come up with a whole list of more and more complicated excuses.
BarnshaW

28th Apr 10 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you clearly did, dont back track now and sorry I didnt mean to burst your navy bubble.
adiohead

28th Apr 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Twiggy

28th Apr 10 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get him to stand naked on to plastic patio chairs with a laptop tied to his cock!
Corsa_Sport21

29th Apr 10 at 06:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell him the car is in Nigeria and he will need to arrange collection from there and pay the monies on collection.Play him at his own game.
Daveskater
Premium Member

29th Apr 10 at 07:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Tell him the car is in Nigeria and he will need to arrange collection from there and pay the monies on collection.
Good call

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
3CorsaMeal

29th Apr 10 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make up a paypal address, or someone elses and send him that.

ajscorsa

29th Apr 10 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

give him jay-corsa-gsi's paypal he'll think its christmas silly cunt
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

29th Apr 10 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get him to send it as a gift as this will remove paypal charges AND give him NO comeback when you dont contact him again to give him the car

You can use the charges as an excuse to why he has to send it as a gift

however do you really want to be like jay-corsa-gsi ?

[Edited on 29-04-2010 by basslinecorsa]

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
RichR
Premium Member

29th Apr 10 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just annoyed that I've spent so much time on this idiot
Nath

29th Apr 10 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell him to fuck off and die.
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

29th Apr 10 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he can't get anything from you just from knowing the e-mail addy for your paypal ..... so just set one up and tell him to send it as a gift. Nothing to loose

If he pays then whoopdy, stick it in your sky rocket and do the frank boughs

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
3CorsaMeal

29th Apr 10 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

send him your paypal but a letter wrong, if he comes back saying he is having problems, send him another error on purpose.

if he is for real, and that busy at work, he has a bank account, so if paypal not working tell him if he really wants the car then buy it like any other normal person would, otherwise your not interested
bigboykarl

29th Apr 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell him you are not selling the car...as you have a new job which involves travelling around the uk filming african people for tv commercials for a major product lauch in south africa for the world cup.....then ask him if he knows any people from africa as the company you work for pays £500 per day....etc..
lostboy
Banned

29th Apr 10 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This guy has been trying this scam for ages now.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scam a Scammer...... 23 database queries in 0.3776700 seconds