corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bad Credit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bad Credit
Ash_EP3

User status: Offline
29th Apr 10 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recently I applied for a credit card to 'help out' if I was to get a bit short, as I am purchasing / have purchased quite a few mods recently.

I applied 4 times and got refused everytime!!!

Because I have an outstanding loan with my bank (Halifax - which I am paying off and haven't missed a payment at all) that this counts as a 'blackmark' against my name?

I have 2 jobs and am doing a degree, yet my gf who's @ uni and works 8 hours a week part time managed to get finance on a tv last year and I couldn't?

I've only ever missed about 3 phone bills ever since I have been old enough to have a 'proper' bank account - and this was years ago... I only have a small overdraft (£250).... I just can't understand why!

Anyone here work in a bank or in a similar situation?

Thanks in advance
P1CK4D

29th Apr 10 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't buy what you can't afford. Its a sign. Chill the fuck out and wait till you can afford things before purchasing them.
AndyKent

29th Apr 10 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair, having a credit card for when you don't have any other money is the worst idea ever.

Your agreed overdraft will provide you with cheap credit.

If you're really worried get an experian credit report done.
corsa_paz

29th Apr 10 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You shouldnt apply again once rejected as its appears on ur credit file
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Apr 10 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two jobs as well as uni means the money isn't steady.

The loan isn't a black mark but won't help in assessing your affordability of more payments.

And you girlfriends credit may have been at a higher rate or less closely scrutinised if it was arranged through a store.
Cavey

29th Apr 10 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree with that.

But if you havent missed any payments on the loan that should improve your rating anyway.

But from the trial i got with experian, you will have a limit to how much credit you can get at a time. Go on www.experian.co.uk and use the free trial to have a nose, you can cancel easily in the first month so you dont pay.

I got a mortgage recently but can't get a contract phone or credit card. Go figure.
Ash_EP3

29th Apr 10 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Two jobs as well as uni means the money isn't steady.

The loan isn't a black mark but won't help in assessing your affordability of more payments.

And you girlfriends credit may have been at a higher rate or less closely scrutinised if it was arranged through a store.

Possibly, I am on a pro-rata wage - I'm only doing the degree course part-time so it's 1 day a week off!

Still I'll be working 5 1/2 days a week soon, plus half day at uni.

I'm just worried as I owe a few different people money... I'm thinking about extending my loan and just paying that off and living costs rather than loan + debts + living costs!
Bonney

29th Apr 10 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same problem a couple of months ago after applying for a loan. Now they are trying to give me a credit card.
Colin

29th Apr 10 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've fucked it keep applying.

Ive just got a new one today £4.5k limit, 0% on balance transfers until June 2011
Ben G

30th Apr 10 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah you've definitely messed up by keeping applying

i got a 0% for 12 months on purchases credit card when i had the finance on the focus with a £2850 limit easily enough.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bad Credit 22 database queries in 0.0117218 seconds