corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » X18XE1 conversion......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X18XE1 conversion......
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
3rd May 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

....into a 1.0 Corsa B.
F.A.O those who have done it.

I need a full run down on parts that i will need as i plan on doing the conversion.

What gearbox do i need and clutch/flywheel??What mounts??Will the shafts i have be fine??Will the 1.0 rad mate up to the engine with all the current hoses etc??

Ive had a C20XE Corsa already so just want to try something else,see if the 1.8 really is what its hyped up to be.And i plan on doing it myself with the help of the bro's.Wouldnt want to try a C20XE.
sc0ott

5th May 10 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the tutorials
scottyp1989

5th May 10 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

enging, loom, ecu, rad and hoses, bigger brakes and drivers side 16v mount is all you will need

[Edited on 05-05-2010 by scottyp1989]
sc0ott

5th May 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brakes are on. what about the driveshaft?
sri_baby

5th May 10 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id ike t no about this 2 ive bit told to use corsa sport shafts with cav inner cv joints is this rite and and how hard is it t sort the wiring loom out ???? sorry to high jack the thread
shaunmods
Premium Member

5th May 10 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=530061

Check that thread out. Thats a 1.2 16v to x18xe1 conversion so pretty much the same. The wiring will be the hardest part. You'll either need to modify the 1.0 dash loom or replace the loom completely to get it to work. I just put an x16xe in my 1.0 and changed the dash loom for a 1.2 8v one to get it to work

Also the 1.0 rad wont work as the in/out are on the same side. You can pick up a brand new 16v one off ebay for about £25 though

[Edited on 05-05-2010 by shaunmods]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » X18XE1 conversion...... 22 database queries in 0.0080359 seconds