corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Setting up r1 carbs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Setting up r1 carbs
Bettley

User status: Offline
6th May 10 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alrite all, my mate has just built a 1.6 8v in a corsa, running a piper cam and verner pully,
He also has r1 carbs on it,

Problem is it runs and goes but there is just no go in it, and it likes to not staart most of the time ,

Just this moring he left his house fine got 3 milies down the road and it cut off, what could it be ?
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

6th May 10 at 09:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did he drill the carbs? you also need to run a fuel pressure regulator as a car fuel pump puts out a lot more pressure than a bike one. I think the carbs should be drilled out to 1.65mm for that engine

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
Jack1.6valver

6th May 10 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fuel pressure will have to be bang on 3 psi,best to use a r1 pump pre 2001,as bassline has said,you could do with drilling out the main jets to 1.65,hes aswell servicing the carbs at the same time. Also if hes runnig a cam he can fuck around with the needles if it nees to run richer or leaner.
Jack1.6valver

6th May 10 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this should help - http://www.totalvauxhall.co.uk/resources/totalvauxhall/TOV64.tech60697.pdf
philip2

6th May 10 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the car dwn to the rolling road and set up rite, save so mch hassle with fucking about wit it, could burn valves out, valve seats, pistons, plugs, alsorts
Eck
Premium Member

7th May 10 at 04:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might get you to fit my carbs then Jack seeing as you know what you're gibbering aboot
chrex

7th May 10 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no need to drill the jets, you can order ones for webers that fit back in...about £2.50 from ebay for 4.

That total vauxhall tech guide should tell you...if not, then ring bogg brothers and they can give you all the info you need

Dont drill your jets though, buy new ones in the right size as phil says, if you get it to someone who can set them up, then they will have the jets there for it. Where abouts are you...?

[Edited on 07-05-2010 by chrex]
Jack1.6valver

7th May 10 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well well eckelton that is service i may beable to provide if you have all the right gear! I've just learned along the way as everything was wrong and i had put it all right in time for t.v! Are yours not the later throttles eck?
chrex

7th May 10 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had 2 pressure regs on mine to maintain pressure.

i used a DCOE pressure reg to drop the pressure from the pump to 5psi, and then a sytec adjuatable to drop from 5 to 3 psi.

worked a treat. bout £35 (ebay) for the DCOE reg, and £20 (tweeks) for the sytec one.
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

7th May 10 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fit an R1 fuel pump, it already puts out 3psi and automatically cuts out when the carbs are full.
No need for a fuel pressure regulator

Eck
Premium Member

7th May 10 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jack1.6valver
well well eckelton that is service i may beable to provide if you have all the right gear! I've just learned along the way as everything was wrong and i had put it all right in time for t.v! Are yours not the later throttles eck?

I did have tb's but they are gone now and a Bike Carb set up in it's place! I've got everything from the fuel pump to the throttle cable, but I just need a manifold bodged up!
Jack1.6valver

7th May 10 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could do with having a peek at your standard one,may beable to just chop the hoor!
ed

7th May 10 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone know what pressure a Vauxhall SPI fuel pump works at? I upgraded mine to an MPI for the XE but was thinking I could use the SPI and a fuel pressure regulator for carbs...
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

7th May 10 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by basslinecorsa
fit an R1 fuel pump, it already puts out 3psi and automatically cuts out when the carbs are full.
No need for a fuel pressure regulator

ed

7th May 10 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But, how do you get the R1 pump to sit in the fuel tank nicely? Does it go in the bowl with a bit of modding?
Nic Barnes

7th May 10 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

run it after pressure pump maybe?
Jack1.6valver

7th May 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It mounts perfect where the original fuel filter sits,just remove the old pump and connect the feed to the r1 pump from unger the car,only need a wee bit of 8mm fuel line,piece of piss!
sand-eel

7th May 10 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do what everyone does and get a proper pump for carbs and get a proper pressure regulator for carbs.
I would get an exhaust emmisions thing up the exhaust to see the air/fuel ratio, could be the screw for that is wrong or not enough fuel or too much fuel.
Eck
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 00:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jack1.6valver
could do with having a peek at your standard one,may beable to just chop the hoor!

I have a laser cut plate that just needs tubes welded on for the inlet We'll chat about this on Sunday
Jack1.6valver

8th May 10 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound,stainless i take it?
Eck
Premium Member

8th May 10 at 01:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't remember I'll have a look!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Setting up r1 carbs 23 database queries in 0.0238371 seconds