corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need a little help here...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need a little help here...
Drift_Erm
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
7th May 10 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I’m having slight troubles with my Corsa, and was wondering if anyone would have any idea on what it is that causing my car to play up.

The problem that I am having is when on tick over, the car drops and gains revs on its own accord. It will be on 800revs but every second or two and it drops to about 500revs.

It feels as if the car is trying to stall itself, but just cant quite do it! I’m not sure if this is a massive issue, I think its more of something that’s just getting on my nerves, as you have to gently touch the accelerator in traffic to stop it from doing it!

It doesn’t always do this either, I started the car this morning, left it to warm up out front and it ticked over fine, only after about Ten minutes of travelling and coming to a stop did it start doing it again!?

If anyone has had this problem with their Corsa and belives they know how to fix it, please let me know J

(corsa gsi)

Other things is I need to have my coilovers set up, I fitted them, and lined the up the best I could going by eye and measurements, anyone recommend a place to get them set up properly ( preferably Hertfordshire) been to a few other places to have tracking done, and every time the do a monkey job of it!?!
Bissmire

7th May 10 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More than likely it will be the Idle Control Valve that needs cleaning.
Ingham
Banned

7th May 10 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ICV will need recalibrating or may need a new one, EGR perhaps?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need a little help here... 22 database queries in 0.0133660 seconds