corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Alfa 147

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alfa 147
Cavey

User status: Offline
19th May 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Erm, am I stupid for wanting to buy an Alfa?

Got a shitty 1.1 T Reg Saxo at the moment, and it's served me well, but i'm getting a bit bored with it, also saw at work that Commsave, RM's Credit Union offer 1% loans, so £2k would take me 1 year to pay back with the amount I put away at the moment.

Looking at Alfa 147s as their not too big, not too small, and seem to be decent spec, I also like the shape of them.

At the back of my mind is thinking all the things that go wrong with them, and the cost of fixing them.

Saw a nice one for £2k with 47k on the clock the other day

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201001349613049/sort/pricedesc/usedcars/price-to/2000/make/alfa_romeo/keywords/147/page/1/radius/30/postcode/de221ju?logcode=p

[Edited on 19-05-2010 by Cavey]
deano87

19th May 10 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh that is not a bad price.

My friend has/had one. Loads of problems though.
Sportycorsa86

19th May 10 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there not that bad, i used to work at a main dealer on them, only thing thats very important is to make sure the cambelt is replaced regulary otherwise its silly things like airbag lights etc..
Marc

19th May 10 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not bad for a couple of grand.

Just make sure you know a mechanic whos good with electrics!
Cavey

19th May 10 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's my fear with it all, hence the post about it!

i'm not any good with car stuff, gonna be a few months to mull it over anyway, cheers for the advice guys
Reedy

19th May 10 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
that's my fear with it all, hence the post about it!

i'm not any good with car stuff, gonna be a few months to mull it over anyway, cheers for the advice guys

My old housemate had one. He said to make sure the variator is working otherwise it sounds like a diesel. Also take into account that the t-spark use twice as many spark plugs.

I've heard its hard to source parts other than the dealer and the dealers prices are crazy.
ed

19th May 10 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love them. You need to make sure the timing belts been done and don't get a Selespeed
Kurt

19th May 10 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as the cambelt has been changed should be fine, Realisticly cutting all the bull shit, they dont have any more problems than any other manufacturer, they tend to get a bad rep based on the 70's and 80's models.

It's also the people that buy them, they just nit pick instead of just driving and enjoying their car, they make up problems that really wouldn't phase anyone in another marque.

Another thing, is they don't maintain them properly, I've seen 20k Alfa Brera's in our workshop, filthy and with sawdust and all sorts in the boot.

[Edited on 19-05-2010 by Kurt]
am4nf

19th May 10 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your gona get an alfa save yourself some money and get a 145 cloverleaf

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Alfa 147 22 database queries in 0.4596620 seconds