corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Life ambitions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Life ambitions
jibjob

User status: Offline
22nd May 10 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well basically ive been having one of those times recently where everything seems to go wrong and then you just take time to sit back and evaluate your life. It got me thinking about what i want from life and how im going to get it. In order of importance the things i wanted from life were:
  • Good relationship with someone who loves me for me and will stand by me know matter what.
  • A good job which i enjoy going to.
  • A nice car
  • A nice tidy house in a nice area
  • A good social life with good, true friends.

Things like money are far down the list and the only reason i want a nice house and car is because they are things that represent you the most. The nice car would be my pride and joy but the nice house would mean i could have friends over and a nice environment to start a family.

At the moment all those things seem a million miles away but if i dont try i will never know!

What were your lifes ambitions and how many have you achieved so far?
    Did you have a list like 101 things to do before you die?
  • MarkSport

22nd May 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate I know exactly how you feel.I'm 24 and realised what I wanted.Im now In full time work as a trainee electrician with my college course sorted.I plan to have my own house In around 3 years and that will come the same time as a car.I am working on getting a van first for work purposes as that comes first.as for women...You dont need to go looking,they will find you if you really want it to happen.

Best advice I can offer Is just take everyday as it comes,you never know whats round the corner

Ben G

22nd May 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine are the same as your really.

# Good relationship with someone who loves me for me and will stand by me know matter what. - achieved.
    # A good job which i enjoy going to. - achieved.
    # A nice car - did achieved and sold it plan to get another in 3-6 months.
    # A nice tidy house in a nice area- achieved.
    # A good social life with good, true friends.

haven't been out with mates for years as they're all at uni and i'm not into getting drunk all the time.

try and have a laugh with work mates though playing football and that.

i also want a family but that'll be by the time i'm 25 so 3 years yet.
    jibjob

22nd May 10 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im hoping to get a new job but looking the way it is its not going to happen for a long while. The wages im on dont cover a new car or moving out so for now im stuck at home with the corsa. My old mates dont bother texting me anymore except when they want something so im not too fussed about that at the moment as it will sort itself out in time. As for the relationship i thought i had found the "one" but it all went tits up a couple of weeks ago and thats what made me think. I thought i had achieved one of my ambitions only to have it taken away.
    Colin

22nd May 10 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite happy with things atm, would like to achieve a 911 Turbo or an R8 before im 30. Think thats my next life ambition.
    Tomnova16
    Premium Member

22nd May 10 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same as col really, if i dont blow all my money in vegas

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
    Located in Chalfont st Peter
    jamied

22nd May 10 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds cheesy but my main aim is money..and lots of it then will decide rest when get that
    DizzyRebel

22nd May 10 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sad life ambitions really. Chasing the material life where the only thing that matters is what you own, and when you die, you can say you accomplished fuck all with 4 walls and 4 wheels to mark what your life was about. Mundane, its not living - its just existing.

Life to me is about experiences, and who we share memories of our experiences with.
    Ben G

22nd May 10 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
    Originally posted by DizzyRebel
    Pretty sad life ambitions really. Chasing the material life where the only thing that matters is what you own, and when you die, you can say you accomplished fuck all with 4 walls and 4 wheels to mark what your life was about. Mundane, its not living - its just existing.

Life to me is about experiences, and who we share memories of our experiences with.

to you maybe. but to other's, all they want is a house, family, wife etc etc. the normal stuff.

just because you have different ambitions don't mean his/ours are wrong.

he probably thinks using roids and pumping iron is a waste of your life.
    Dave86

22nd May 10 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got quite a few ambitions but i kno some of them are more like dreams!

Move out of Greenock - will happen pretty soon
    Become a Fireman- hopefully this will happen
    Same as Colin on the 911 Turbo before i'm 30 part!
    Tomnova16
    Premium Member

22nd May 10 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the way i look at it if you have a decent amount of money you can do pretty much whatever you want. So creating some of the best life experiences possible

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
    Located in Chalfont st Peter
    jamied

22nd May 10 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
    Originally posted by Tomnova16
    the way i look at it if you have a decent amount of money you can do pretty much whatever you want. So creating some of the best life experiences possible

exactly!
    Neo

22nd May 10 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree Tom, I think my current ambitions are

Start own company
    Buy a second home and rent it (Could sell should I ever have a hard patch)
    Couple of nice cars on the driveway
    Start a family in 8 - 10 years

Obviously I want to travel, see Peru before they stop allowing visitors to the temples etc, however I'm never going to get there without the money behind it.

DizzyRebel, if you ambition is not to earn money, then wave goodbye to any thoughts of mind blowing experiences. Whether you choose to spend this on travelling/seeing family etc or on material goods thats completely up to you, however I'd like to experience both worlds personally.
    Jules S
    Premium Member

22nd May 10 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
    Originally posted by Colin
    Quite happy with things atm, would like to achieve a 911 Turbo or an R8 before im 30. Think thats my next life ambition.

Ah, the joys of youth.

I said the same.....then the thought of Kids came along.....in her mind anyways

No kids came of it and I'm (just) considering the cars you mentioned.

An R8 costs over a grand a month to run, so that's a no no though even now
    lostboy
    Banned

22nd May 10 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
    Originally posted by DizzyRebel

I like this, although as said everyone is different and therefore no ones dreams are right or wrong (or sad as you put) but I do agree with the rest of what you say.

Money has very little meaning to me, obviously I cant live without it, but if I could I would. Material things are something I don't care for either, nice to have yeah but I'm not out to impress anyone with material things.

When I'm old and knocking on deaths door I want to be able to tell stories of the things I've experienced and achieved not just sit in the corner of the pub staring into my pint glass thinking, if only I'd done that. Fuck it life's too short, live while you're young and able.

[Edited on 22-05-2010 by lostboy]
    lostboy
    Banned

22nd May 10 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although a motorbike is high on my list of things to achieve, keep your fancy cars I'd settle with a turbo Nova for day to day use and a nice motorbike I can keep my adrenalin pumping with.

Then I want to become a pirate and rape pillage and plunder.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Life ambitions 23 database queries in 0.0089862 seconds