corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » gearbox help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author gearbox help
Kev S

User status: Offline
31st May 10 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i was wandering if someone could help me out. the thing is im changing the crown wheel and pinion on my car (1.6 sport) however the pinion looks like its part of the shaft? is this normal? i need it sorted pretty quick but what i was also wandering is would a corsa 1.2 cluster work fine in the box iv got? because i have a 1.2 lying around at my dads. thanks for any help
Edges 58

31st May 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, the pinion is part of the shaft, think you can just put the whole 1.2 box on your 1.6 if you want it to accelerate better. otherwise you can only really change the crown gear
Kev S

31st May 10 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but if i changed just the crownwheel it wouldnt match up properly with the existing pinion would it? iv seen in the tutorials section about changin the cwp and thats just a circlip holding the pinion on? why would mine be different?
Edges 58

31st May 10 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm, i'd like someone to correct me if i'm wrong but i thought the parts were interchangeable across the range. its just the transaxle boxes i've took apart have the pinion part of the shaft. sorry if i've just totally confused you!!
Kev S

1st Jun 10 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anybody else have any ideas? :-S cheers

New Poll