corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Where is it ok to wear sunglasses, and where is not ok ?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Where is it ok to wear sunglasses, and where is not ok ?
p

User status: Offline
7th Jun 10 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just watching the Graham Norton show.... Usher is doing an interview with his sunglasses on, and in my opinion I can't help but feel that he is a bit of a cock doing so. I mean seriously, for fucks sake just take the glasses off.

So where do you stand, what is ok, and what is a no no ? Ok to also wear them whilst going round an indoor shopping centre ?

DannyB
Premium Member

7th Jun 10 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Outside in the sun - ok

Inside - not ok
Jambo

7th Jun 10 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its fine to wear them where there is sun.

Wearing them indoors is stupid, also at night time.

Also if your talking to someone, take them off.
Matt H

7th Jun 10 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite simple really

Anywhere it's sunny

Anywhere else & you're a twat - EG Usher, Kanye West & most of all..... Bono. What a total gobshite he is

There was a photo of him on the beach in one of the papers....no sunglasses. Dick.
SetH

7th Jun 10 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So do you have to take them off as soon as you enter a building?

Also do you not put them on until the exact second you are at the door on your way out?

what do you do in the interim? Carry them in your hands like a hand bag? You could put them on your head until you reach your desk etc but then you get the "OMG WTF your a noob because you have your sunglasses on your head" brigade.

for example I drove to my gym with my sunglasses on. Got out of the car and walked into the building with them still on and someone comments, "Its not sunny in here". WTF am I meant to do with them? its a 30 second walk to my locker and that is when ill take them off. They are a £250 pair of raybans im not going to put them in my pocket when i enter the building just to please the "dont wear them indoors or on your head crew"

Also get the process in reverse. Finish work out, go to locker put wallet in pocket, phone in pocket, put sunglasses on and walk the 30 seconds to the exit for someone else to mention I had sunglasses on.

also similar at work, I would enter the building with them still on and take them off as I arrive at my desk, whats the beef bitches?

I partly agree with what Jambo is saying re no eye contact during a conversation can be awkward but you should not have to take your glasses off when you are outside everytime you talk to someone
am4nf

7th Jun 10 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sunglasses bug me, they spend more time on top of my head than on my face
lostboy
Banned

8th Jun 10 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People who wear sunglasses inside are COCKS! Get loads of them in the shop I work at. Makes me wonder if they know how stupid they look (or if they think they look cool for that matter).
Eck
Premium Member

8th Jun 10 at 01:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
So do you have to take them off as soon as you enter a building?

Also do you not put them on until the exact second you are at the door on your way out?

what do you do in the interim? Carry them in your hands like a hand bag? You could put them on your head until you reach your desk etc but then you get the "OMG WTF your a noob because you have your sunglasses on your head" brigade.

for example I drove to my gym with my sunglasses on. Got out of the car and walked into the building with them still on and someone comments, "Its not sunny in here". WTF am I meant to do with them? its a 30 second walk to my locker and that is when ill take them off. They are a £250 pair of raybans im not going to put them in my pocket when i enter the building just to please the "dont wear them indoors or on your head crew"

Also get the process in reverse. Finish work out, go to locker put wallet in pocket, phone in pocket, put sunglasses on and walk the 30 seconds to the exit for someone else to mention I had sunglasses on.

also similar at work, I would enter the building with them still on and take them off as I arrive at my desk, whats the beef bitches?

I partly agree with what Jambo is saying re no eye contact during a conversation can be awkward but you should not have to take your glasses off when you are outside everytime you talk to someone

Could you not have left them in the car?
Ste M

8th Jun 10 at 01:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's a celeb thats been goin since the 1940's. He's allowed.
JonnyJ

8th Jun 10 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

Raybans mate. £250 so i am led to believe.

Crazy stuff
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Jun 10 at 02:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have prescription sunnys

They get worn for driving in the day sunny or not!

Can cruise for bitches in normal glasses
Jambo

8th Jun 10 at 06:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seth, i too have Raybans and when going inside it is darker so i just pop them on my tshirt?! Takes like 1second

re:eye contact, obv if you are outside and its like mega bright keep em on, but talking to someone without seeing their eyes isn't just awkward its plain rude
Eck
Premium Member

8th Jun 10 at 06:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed. I've always been told it's rude and disrespectful to talk to someone with shades/tinted eye protection on. I've got reflective safety glasses which should be worn at all times, but I keep getting a row from the gaffer as I take them off to talk to him. Catch 22
C2RL R

8th Jun 10 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are times when i would say it's ok to wear them inside but it's only a couple of scenarios. a bloke i work with needs to wear glasses all the time and he has them ones that go dark when he's in the sun. we go to asda for our lunch a couple of times a week and his glasses turn into sunnies on the way over. there isn't much he can do ab out that. it's possible these people you see wearing sunnies inside are in the same boat. although you can usually tell which glasses are actual sunglasses and which are the prescription kind.
as Eck says i've always took mine off to talk to people. it's common courtesy to let people see your eyes when talking to them.
ed

8th Jun 10 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I leave my Raybans in the car Though I tend to hook them on my shirt when I go inside.
Ben J

8th Jun 10 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I spent £90 on some Oakleys the other day and thought they were expensive, but £250!! I'd be scared to wear them!

I usually get £15 jobbies from Next/Topman/River Island etc. because i'm bound to sit on them or something!

[Edited on 08-06-2010 by Ben J]
John

8th Jun 10 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got £300 Oakleys, on the very rare occasion they come out of the car I just take the case with me.

I'd feel like a complete baloon wearing them inside.
mwg

8th Jun 10 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Outside in the sun - ok

Inside - not ok

Exactly, its as simple as that regardless of how much your sunglasses cost!
Nath

8th Jun 10 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

Raybans mate. £250 so i am led to believe.

Crazy stuff

Ojc

8th Jun 10 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wore mine inside Tescos the other day, simply because I ran in to get Total Vauxhall and ran back out again.

I don't like leaving them in the car, mine are prescription Ray Bans £250
Daimo B

8th Jun 10 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
metrosexualness

Was going to say.

Take them off, leave them in sunglasses holder in car, as im going inside, I won't need them there.

As for not leaving them in a car, tbh if youve got a £10k odd car, and they arn't on show, the sunglasses would be the least of my worries

But then im not stupid enough to be conned into paying £200+ for a pair of sunglasses.

[Edited on 08-06-2010 by VXR]
DaveyLC

8th Jun 10 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
Quite simple really

Anywhere it's sunny

Anywhere else & you're a twat - EG Usher, Kanye West & most of all..... Bono. What a total gobshite he is

There was a photo of him on the beach in one of the papers....no sunglasses. Dick.

Those dicks wear sunglasses to cover up their tierd eyes so they look 'younger'... They are same self obsessed dicks who wont wear them on a beach because it will "spoil their tan" lol.
Jambo

8th Jun 10 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheap sunglasses from next/topman are just toys and dont work.

proper sungleasses FTW
James

8th Jun 10 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of people wear them on the tube
Daimo B

8th Jun 10 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but thats becuase London is full of attention whoare cocks though

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Where is it ok to wear sunglasses, and where is not ok ? 22 database queries in 0.0100510 seconds