corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Can someone explain to me

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can someone explain to me
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Jun 10 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why people are being discouraged, and in some areas told, they shouldnt wear England shirts in local places, eg. pubs, to watch the match

Disgusting
Mobby

9th Jun 10 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havnt heard it at all, all i hear is word of mouth saying it
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what i initially thought, but west mercia police have actually told one of the members of a a football supporters club that I know that they shouldnt wear England tops to watch the game.

And have issued similar advice to the local pubs

[Edited on 09-06-2010 by Steve]
RichR
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we used to do that with any football or sportswear in the pub I ran, but that was because we had a more formal dining room and had a relaxed, family atmosphere - we had nothing against sports teams and we sued to sponser the lcoal football and cricket teams - btu they always came in after a match well dressed, at least jeans t-shirt smart if that makes sense
MJFF88

9th Jun 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the fuss was orginally started in the Croydon area, which I can kind of understand, though don't agree with.
Marc

9th Jun 10 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might have a wank in my new England shirt. Fucking love it.
C2RL R

9th Jun 10 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i believe it has something to do with trying to stop a repeat of violence that has happened after previous world cup/euro games.
they dont want to ban the wearing of the shirt they are just urging pubs to refuse service to people wearing them. i suppose they think that if this happens then people wont get as drunk and therefore cause less trouble.
it's a load of bollocks though. not everyone goes to the pub to get smashed and have a fight. it's more just about the atmosphere. i'm not fortunate enough to be in SA for the tournament so the next best thing atmosphere-wise is going to the pub with my mates. i'm sure most people will do the same.
jibjob

9th Jun 10 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its round here aswel It's stupid. You dont go to India or Poland or any other country and they are told to take their flags down, take their shirts off. Its not fcuking racist its having pride in your country and hoping they win a competition! Some people really need to get a life.
bigboykarl

9th Jun 10 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think its a load of old bollox....cameron is flying a st george cross from downing st while we are in the world cup
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good on him, this is still remnants of labours legacy tbh, hopefully this mentality will diminish over time with Cameron
Daimo B

9th Jun 10 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
good on him, this is still remnants of labours legacy tbh, hopefully this mentality will diminish over time with Cameron

I agree. We're not gonna stop being a PCorrect country, can't go backwards, but we can give a big fat 2 fingers to the stupid PC that is about that doesn't need to be.

I've not got any flag, but i've got no pride in the UK, nor football team

Leon Haslam etc though, im there, flags waving
adiohead

9th Jun 10 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to have a go at my gf about this.
She said it was pikey and I had to explain that there's nothing wrong with supporting your country if that's what you believe in
Cavey

9th Jun 10 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you wear an England shirt, you become violent. Even if you are calm, mild mannered and sober.

However, If you're a thug and watch an England game in a striped jumper, drinking stella, then destroy TVs and cause violence, it's fine.
dan_m1les

9th Jun 10 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a pub near me and on saturday he won't let you in for the football unless you are wearing an england shirt
nathy_87

9th Jun 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Screw that. If hey have England flags etc up in/around the ub then you should be able to wear an England shirt.
nathy_87

9th Jun 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dan_m1les
There is a pub near me and on saturday he won't let you in for the football unless you are wearing an england shirt

Love it.
C2RL R

9th Jun 10 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ thats the way to do it!
our pub is all decorated with flags inside and out. the landlord has already said that nothing will stop us supporting our country.
oceansoul

9th Jun 10 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jibjob
Its round here aswel It's stupid. You dont go to India or Poland or any other country and they are told to take their flags down, take their shirts off. Its not fcuking racist its having pride in your country and hoping they win a competition! Some people really need to get a life.

I presume you are refering to the status that went round facebook?
That was just started on fb to cause contriversy (sp?), and it was nothing to do with offending others at all!

It was to do with the amout of trouble that has happened in the past after some games, and the majority of places (round my area anyway) that have said they are refusing entry to anyone wearing an England top, disallow sports wear any way. That releats to England, Spain, Indian or whatever tops not just england.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it ok for me to refer to you as being one hell of a man?

is that ok? for me to be a lovely friend towards you
bubble

9th Jun 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who will open a pub on english football day, the same day as englands first world cup match, and not let you wear an england top?!? crazy
mwg

9th Jun 10 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you wear your England shirt to lap the Nurburgring?
gravesy

9th Jun 10 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Number 10 is managing to display a flag, even though those bunch of badgers are after a bit of positive publicity.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/politics/10274536.stm
Tomnova16
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really like the new england shirt, i may purchase

we are in england after all

[Edited on 09-06-2010 by Tomnova16]

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Did you wear your England shirt to lap the Nurburgring?

No but i sang god save the queen the whole way round
jibjob

9th Jun 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
quote:
Originally posted by jibjob

I presume you are refering to the status that went round facebook?
That was just started on fb to cause contriversy (sp?), and it was nothing to do with offending others at all!

It was to do with the amout of trouble that has happened in the past after some games, and the majority of places (round my area anyway) that have said they are refusing entry to anyone wearing an England top, disallow sports wear any way. That releats to England, Spain, Indian or whatever tops not just england.

No this is what has been said by local pubs. Pubs that have had the council come to them and told that to stop 'trouble' they shouldnt serve anyone in England shirt. No other shirt was mentioned just England. When they say stop 'trouble' the council explained that in some areas it "incites racial hatred" and so a 'blanket ban' is easier. Basically because some idiots miles away got pissed and decided to trash kebab houses (which they would have done anyway as they do it weekly) this now means that i can't wear an England shirt to watch football at my local pub even though on any other day i can turn up wearing what i like. It just baffles me that because of a minority, it affects everyone else. I just think all this catagorising and politcal correctness is pathetic. Just because i wear and England shirt to the pub doesnt mean im going to start smashing things up and causing trouble and lets face it, if people are going to cause trouble they will do it no matter what they wear.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Can someone explain to me 23 database queries in 0.3504801 seconds