corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Football Players - Donate Question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Football Players - Donate Question
16vKarlos

User status: Offline
12th Jun 10 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always said, that if i win the lotto/Euro and had enough millions to help my family and have money forever, that i would donate a million of my own money to make the place better. if i could do more than that then i would.. that's just me as a person i spose...
But not just donate it but make sure you have a say in where it goes.

My question is.. why do Football player's that get paid £ MILLIONS £ not donate a Percentage of their earnings to something.

This could go to so many place's and it's not like they are going to suffer for not having that £100,000 out of them millions of pounds.

I know some will say.. they train hard, work hard and play (Football) harder, They earn their money they do what they want with it.

others may agree with what i have said.

The reason i was thinking this is because there is alot of debt out there.

- Man Utd - Big Debt
- Economy - MAJOR FUCKED UP + covers alot of area's

does anyone agree? and know where im coming from?

just something that i thought i would share .

karlos
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Jun 10 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wrong section, also, players do donate lots. A lot of them set up their own charities and who knows how much they give to their family, plenty probably.
Jake

12th Jun 10 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they also pay ALOT of tax
16vKarlos

12th Jun 10 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i understand about the tax thing and setting up their own charities. but thats just an easy way out.

what im saying is why not donate back to the community or pay for a church or a community centre to be built rather than just putting money into THEIR OWN CHARITY!... that's just a way of not paying as much tax. as i know if you donate to charity you dont have to pay as much tax FACT.

and it also works out better for them in the long run.

what im getting at is, rather than STEVEN GERRARD donating to STEVEN GERRARD'S FOOTBALL ACADEMY, why not buy them shit estates in Liverpool, knock them down/Rebuild them and bobs your uncle.. there are new houses.

i know "We can change the Landscape, But can't change the people" but c'mon..

help the country out.

not ranting but putting my point accross
P1CK4D

12th Jun 10 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Charity starts at home, regardless of how much you earn. What would make me more happy, giving thousands to a random cause, or building a swimming pool. Easy answer tbh.
16vKarlos

12th Jun 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P1CK4D - you and I seem to be on the same level sunshine
fir3vip3r

12th Jun 10 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No matter how much you donate, things dont change, football players donate a lot of money, set up the youth clubs etc etc.

Just paying for things does not really make things any better
MoesTavern

12th Jun 10 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's up to the elected Government to improve people's lives in this country, I don't see why Wayne Rooney has any more obligation to give his money away than you or I.
Ryan

13th Jun 10 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would probably see things differantly if you were them and actually had the cash. Also the majority of the high earners are not English, so why would they bother donating to a charity in this country?
corsa_paz

13th Jun 10 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for footballers its about priority..first the mansion, then the supercars, then the hookers then what ever is left for the kids in need.
P1CK4D

13th Jun 10 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_paz
for footballers its about priority..first the mansion, then the supercars, then the hookers then what ever is left for the kids in need.

Im not a footballer, but thats my priority too. I would want to live my life to the full first!
Marc

13th Jun 10 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For example:

David Beckham gives a lot to charity. For example, he held a big celebrity party a few years back which was televised by ITV. Everything was for charity. He also has his own charity.

Rio Ferdinand does a lot for his local community and has set up football parks etc so kids have something to do after school to keep them on the straight and narrow.

Fergie regularly sends players to hospitals/abroad etc as club ambassadors for charities.

The England football team are also dontating their WC fees to charity, over £1 million.

If you want to be pendantic, how many rich London bankers do you reckon give to charities, and other rich professionals??
Eck
Premium Member

13th Jun 10 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Football players do give a lot to Charity. Rafa Benitez (although not a player, but a manager) gave £96,000 to the Hillsborough tragedy the day before he left for Inter Milan. £1,000 for every person who died that day!
Nath

13th Jun 10 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The money they make gets spent and goes back into the economy anyway.
Nic Barnes

13th Jun 10 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
If you want to be pendantic, how many rich London bankers do you reckon give to charities, and other rich professionals??

id say its because they are not on tv and you dont know their name, or know about money deals unlike footballers. footballers arent the biggest paid people in this country at all.

dont really see what business it is of anyone else what people do with their earnings though no matter how much it is.
mattk

13th Jun 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because they are scallys that can kick a ball, nothin else, dont get why people worship the fuckers tbh
Nic Barnes

13th Jun 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you do what they do?
Nath

13th Jun 10 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Generalising much.
mattk

13th Jun 10 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no hence Im not a millionare

I give people toilets to shit in and showers to get a wash, Im much more useful
lee mitchell

13th Jun 10 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think anyone on this site could do what green did last nite lol
P1CK4D

13th Jun 10 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee mitchell
i think anyone on this site could do what green did last nite lol

Ooooooooo....
strick206

13th Jun 10 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 16vKarlos
what im saying is why not donate back to the community or pay for a church or a community centre to be built rather than just putting money into THEIR OWN CHARITY!... that's just a way of not paying as much tax. as i know if you donate to charity you dont have to pay as much tax FACT.

Are you fucking having a laugh? Like giving to their own charity is a way of dodging tax, fuck sake give to any charity and you get tax relief, giving to your own charity just means you are responsible for what it's spent on. You make it sound like by giving to their own charity it just filters back into their bank accounts like tax evasion

If i won the lottery, i'd be sorting my own life out and everyone i know, and making sure i had enough before considering giving a penny to charity, i'm a nice person and like to help people out a lot but if i earned it, i will spend it, not give it away
Rickavo

13th Jun 10 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you give 100 out of every 1000 you make?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Football Players - Donate Question 22 database queries in 0.0190961 seconds