corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My friend crashed today, while I was in it!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My friend crashed today, while I was in it!
JordanR

User status: Offline
   15th Jun 10 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today I was involved in a crash, luckily it wasn't my car otherwise I would of been a little bit annoyed!

Everyone is fine which is the main thing, but I towed him home and then to a garage and the bloke said it was a right of sooo its not good!

He went into the back of our friend so at least he hasn't got the hassle of calling people he doesn't know etc..

But it wasn't the nicest experience and was weird! even though he was going about 20-25 mph it was a fairly big shunt! wouldn't like to experience it again!

What's everyone else's first experience with crashes, in some bodies car or your own...

phil_fcuk

15th Jun 10 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was terrible.... i was driving along with a few mates, only doing about 25-30mph and the car in front of me slammed on the brakes for no reason. there was no car in front, no hazards, no people, just slammed on. before i had chance to brake i went straight into his tow bar on the back! two of them got out, they said they were both fine, no injuries etc, but when the coppers came, they suddenly developed pains, and both ended up claiming over £4000 and this was all classed as my fault cause i went into him, i had to spend £140 and 2 days in hollywell doing a driver course, and my insurance went through the roof, plus i had to fix the damage on my car! luckily im only just starting to feel the drop in my insurance as it was about 2 and a half years ago. still....not a nice expierience. glad ur both ok

[Edited on 15-06-2010 by phil_fcuk]
JordyCarter

15th Jun 10 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by phil_fcuk
but when the coppers came, they suddenly developed pains, and both ended up claiming over £4000

cheeky bastards, i would of been so pissed off
GTM

15th Jun 10 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear tha mate, at least your all ok. What car where you in?
My first and hopefully last crash was stopping at the lights and the guy behind didnt. I looked in my rear view and could see it was going to happen but before i could put it into 1st, bang! Wasnt hurt at all and the guy called his insurance company before i had even called mine and admitted fault. Not nice tho obviously just ruins your day

[Edited on 15-06-2010 by GTM]
GTM

15th Jun 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
mine was terrible.... i was driving along with a few mates, only doing about 25-30mph and the car in front of me slammed on the brakes for no reason. there was no car in front, no hazards, no people, just slammed on. before i had chance to brake i went straight into his tow bar on the back! two of them got out, they said they were both fine, no injuries etc, but when the coppers came, they suddenly developed pains, and both ended up claiming over £4000 and this was all classed as my fault cause i went into him, i had to spend £140 and 2 days in hollywell doing a driver course, and my insurance went through the roof, plus i had to fix the damage on my car! luckily im only just starting to feel the drop in my insurance as it was about 2 and a half years ago. still....not a nice expierience. glad ur both ok

Alot of wankers about mate, easy as that to mess up your no claims.
X16XE.Adam

15th Jun 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was involved in a crash 2 days before my 17th birthday, kinda put me off driving for a little while. In my dads nissan skyline R33 GTR which was 562bhp. Started off like this...

And Whilst travelling in a straight line, the rear wheels decided to turn ( for those of you that don't know, the skylines along with other jap cars have four wheel steering). As it was an electrical fault it wasn't able to be recovered, ended up doing about 80 sideways into the barrier, unfortunate for me it was the passenger side which hit the barrier first

Car ended up looking like...

I was stuck in the car for about 20 mins whilst the fire crew cut the roof off the car, went to hospital, was there for about 6 hours whilst they did test and xrays etc... Luckily enough all i ended up with was a scuff on my head and bruised legs, found it hard to walk for first few days. at about 5am in the morning i was discharged from hospital.

Adam
phil_fcuk

15th Jun 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell me about it, and the cheeky twat claimed he was off work for 2 weeks with pains etc, but one of my mates seen him 4 days after the crash lifting an engine out of the back of a transit van. before he had chance to grab his phone the bloke had gone. gotta be so careful these days, its that easy to make a few quid. it just wrecked me first few years of driving, and it still affects me nearly 3 years later
Nick-S

15th Jun 10 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ Fuck
lostboy
Banned

15th Jun 10 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Sounds like you were driving too close to the back of him if you couldn't brake in time, also going into the back of someone does make it your fault as you shouldn't have been so close.
JordanR

15th Jun 10 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We were in an old clio so can't really expect much, cause all of them are made from tin!!

OH MY how did you get out of that skyline alive? that would put me off of driving!
lostboy
Banned

15th Jun 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting to see the airbag didn't go off in the Skyline.
X16XE.Adam

15th Jun 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had loads of people say the same thing mate!
Unfortunaltey thats one question I think we would all want to know the answer to

Wasn't a front end impact, so airbag wudn't have gone off.

Adam

[Edited on 15-06-2010 by X16XE.Adam]
lostboy
Banned

15th Jun 10 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by X16XE.Adam
Unfortunaltey thats one question I think we would all want to know the answer to

Adam

Ah right I thought airbags went off no matter what, I've not been in a crash yet.

And the only question I have on that is why the fuck did your dad let his 17 year old son drive a 560 bhp car? Granted it wasn't your fault you crashed but there is no way I would let a kid drive a car with monster power like that
phil_fcuk

15th Jun 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lostboy
quote:

Sounds like you were driving too close to the back of him if you couldn't brake in time, also going into the back of someone does make it your fault as you shouldn't have been so close.

actually NO! i wasnt driving too close. i adnt long passed my test, and to be honest, i fucking shit myself and couldnt react in time!
JordanR

15th Jun 10 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Adam

Ah right I thought airbags went off no matter what, I've not been in a crash yet.

And the only question I have on that is why the fuck did your dad let his 17 year old son drive a 560 bhp car? Granted it wasn't your fault you crashed but there is no way I would let a kid drive a car with monster power like that

I dont think he was driving, said he was on the passenger side in his post.
X16XE.Adam

15th Jun 10 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Adam

Nah i wasnt driving mate, thats why i said i was in passenger seat lol. I came out worse off than my dad tbh, he had a scuff on his head, but was able to walk. The ambulance crew was worried about my back as you can clearly see the way the seat is, I think anyone would be worried about their back. Although there was nothing wrong with me, I struggled to walk for about 2-3 days becaise my thighs were so bruised it was painfull.

Adam
lostboy
Banned

15th Jun 10 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Adam

Nah i wasnt driving mate, thats why i said i was in passenger seat lol. I came out worse off than my dad tbh, he had a scuff on his head, but was able to walk. The ambulance crew was worried about my back as you can clearly see the way the seat is, I think anyone would be worried about their back. Although there was nothing wrong with me, I struggled to walk for about 2-3 days becaise my thighs were so bruised it was painfull.

Adam

Doh, I had a bout of dyslexia it seems
lostboy
Banned

15th Jun 10 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

actually NO! i wasnt driving too close. i adnt long passed my test, and to be honest, i fucking shit myself and couldnt react in time!

That's my point, you couldn't react in time so were too close, I've been close to the rear end of people and had to brake suddenly and never hit the back of them yet, shit myself and still haven't learned my lesson but not crashed yet.
oceansoul

15th Jun 10 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread has just put me off anything with 4WS
CORSA NUT

15th Jun 10 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam FUCK

That looked like an awesome skyline too.
sri_baby

15th Jun 10 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my first car was some nob (ex mate) trying to get 75mph before getting to a round about in a ford ka but he didnt manage it we hit the round about rolled twice landed on the roof luckily a big metal fence stopped us going over again once we stopped moved he undid his seat belt got out the car and ran off leaving me hanging upside down its safe to say hes not a mate of mine i havent seen him since and he moved shortly after and havent seen him since as the result of the crash i broke my nail bone, fingers, and cut my head after i found out he wasnt insured on the car as it was his girlfriends but as u guess they split up after that

[Edited on 15-06-2010 by sri_baby]
Graham88

15th Jun 10 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck me that Skyline is one of the worse I've seen, bet you count your lucky stars!
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

15th Jun 10 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My first experience of a crash was in my Dad's old 3 series. My mum was driving and slowed to let a bus pull out, next minute a 205 went into the back of us at about 20 mph.

Front end of the 205 was obliterated, the BMW had a slight graze on the bumper and the spare wheel well got dented slightly

My first experience of crashing myself was pulling out of a junction into the side of a Peugeot Expert van Cost me about £300 to sort a new side loader for the van, there was more damage but he let me off with that and I paid about £90 to sort mine apart from the bent slam panel which is still bent
X16XE.Adam

15th Jun 10 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Adam FUCK

That looked like an awesome skyline too.

Yeah mate, it was pretty awesome, handled great, power delivery was smooth, and you could do stupid speed without evening knowing it. Shame it ended the way it did.
Thing is... Dads now gone and got another one... well 8 months after that crash he got another one. This one with a bit more of a spec... 2.8 HKS step 3 stroker kit, HKS turbo's, camshafts, this and that lol, develops 600bhp, take a look...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UdbEz0tlHU&feature=related

Adam
nathy_87

15th Jun 10 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My first crash in someone else's car, I was about 9, and in my grandad's Kia Pride , some dozy bint in a Fiat Punto pulled out of a side road without looking both ways, hit us side on had it on 2 wheels for about 30-40yrds, and landed it again, passenger doors were caved in and the back tyre had popped off it's rim.

Ctrash by myself in my own car: Doing about 60 (speed limit for this bit of road), went around a corner back end kicked out tried to correct it, front end went the other way, hit a bush, flipped and laned on it's roof. Only got away with a bust nose, glass inside me, and scars. Everyone at the scene said I was lucky to be alive.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My friend crashed today, while I was in it! 22 database queries in 0.0163929 seconds