corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vx Inlet Pic Request

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vx Inlet Pic Request
Tom B

User status: Offline
15th Jun 10 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Struggling on the fitting of this so just looking for a few pictures of engine bays etc see what I'm doin wrong. If anyone in the west midlands wants to come help me fit it I'll sort you out
X16XE.Adam

15th Jun 10 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you struggling with mate? Fitted mine sunday.

Adam
Tom B

15th Jun 10 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I got it on but it's sat right on the bulk head. I've managed to cut the wires back an plug them in. But the pipes off the throttle are gonna have no chance. It's gonna knock like fuck off the bulk head. The throttle cable is ok but could be better. Also Im not sure what to do with the egr valve. Amateur ain't I lol could do with someone who's done one before with me
X16XE.Adam

15th Jun 10 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't have a problem with the bulk head with mine. The plugs are tight , I made the mistake of leaving the plugs out once its already been bolted down lol. You on about the water pipes? I left my EGR in for the min until i fit my new exhaust, you just leave the plug in, its just that the TPS and IAC are in the same loom as the EGR plug.

Adam
Tom B

15th Jun 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine can't be on the engine mounts properly then I will have to have a look tomorrow. Yeah the water pipes I was talking about. It just looks like a right bodge and it's doin my head in thinking about fuckin it off and puttin back to standard inlet a friend said jus take it off and hit the bulk head back and cut the carpet out but i've never heard anyone have to do that on here
X16XE.Adam

15th Jun 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What i done, was that i used some trusty garden hose, and just cut it so it was longer than i needed, i have a little kink in the pipe, but once water is flowing its fine. This is at throttle body end by the way.

Adam
X16XE.Adam

15th Jun 10 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres a pic of my throttle body...

And heres an overall pic of the engine...

Adam

[Edited on 15-06-2010 by X16XE.Adam]
Tom B

18th Jun 10 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Managed to sort it but don't know what to use for the air filter
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Jun 10 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't have to have those water pipes connecting to the throttle body if you don't want to Tom. They are only used to warm the throttle body up. I couldn't get them to fit and look tidy on mine so I joined the two pipes together rather than connecting them onto the throttle body

As for the airfilter, if you want to use the standard airbox you can't just buy a different pipe and make a small hole in it for the air temp sensor
Tom B

18th Jun 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I didn't use then in the end shaun, I got a air pipe from the scrap yard off a 1.7 td cavvy but when I got back home found a split in it, would of needed a k and n for it anyway I think, I would prefer to use the standard air box
Tom B

18th Jun 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only other problem I got is the throttle cable is a bit stiff causin idle problems and cutting out low revs

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vx Inlet Pic Request 22 database queries in 0.1746328 seconds