corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » fishing license..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fishing license..
Minty_Fresh

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 10 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking at taking it up over the summer so will need a license obviously, i have searched and they have 2 prices? £27 and £70 (trout fishing etc)

does anyone know exactly what the £27 license covers, ie where i can fish? (canal, lakes, streams, rivers?)

thanks
jibjob

22nd Jun 10 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The £70 is only for salmon or sea trout. Its because usually if youre going to catch one of them then you take it home with you and eat it. If youre only going for a bit of lake or river fishing the £27 is what you need. The rod licence covers you to fish anywhere you want. Its all about day tickets and fishery passes as to where you can fish. Near enough every place has baliffs so you would need to get a ticket from them. You can usually get away with it on canals but fishing lakes and rivers make sure you get a ticket or pass as you could face a fine, trespassing charges or a good kicking depending on the baliffs
Minty_Fresh

22nd Jun 10 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for that jibjob

just one thing you say once i have a rod license then then you can usually get away with it on canals but not lakes etc, i thought that was the whole point in getting a license so you can fish them?

i know what you mean though with a day pass etc for the proper fisherys but why/where/how for the canals/lakes that are not fisherys?

strick206

22nd Jun 10 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think he means you can get away without a license on canals, but for anything else you're going to need one
C2RL R

22nd Jun 10 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your licence covers you for fishing anywhere. if you fish anywhere without a licence then you can be fined around 2 grand i think it is. one rod licence allows you to fish wish 2 rods. if you fish more rods you need extra licences. i tend to fish with 3 sometimes 4 rods so i need 2 licences.
your licence doesn't allow you to fish on waters though. you either need an annual permit if the water comes under an angling association or a day ticket for a privately owned water. you buy permits from local tackle shops usually. best bet is do a google search for the water you are looking at fishing and find out if its on a specific card or if its day ticket. either that or go down and ask someone.
jibjob

23rd Jun 10 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
I think he means you can get away without a license on canals, but for anything else you're going to need one

I meant you can get away without day tickets on canals but usually yes you can get away without needing licence on canals but all it takes is one person to report you and your in the shit. For the sake of £27 its not worth the risk.

quote:
your licence doesn't allow you to fish on waters though. you either need an annual permit if the water comes under an angling association or a day ticket for a privately owned water. you buy permits from local tackle shops usually. best bet is do a google search for the water you are looking at fishing and find out if its on a specific card or if its day ticket. either that or go down and ask someone.

This is what i meant about fishing waters Dont think i made it very clear though
3CorsaMeal

23rd Jun 10 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got caught without a license (well it was expired in the same week)

got £140 fine, despite always buying a license every year, they are right bastards
chrisritch

23rd Jun 10 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been checked once in 13 years. still buy one every year though
BarnshaW

23rd Jun 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need a licence to fish rivers and lakes, for non migratory fish such as coarse fish you have one licence for upto 2 rods, as someone else said in the thread if you fish with more then you need another licence, if you are specifically fishing for trout etc then you need the other licence to fish for them.
BarnshaW

23rd Jun 10 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also , if you are a licence holder you are well within your rights to ask to see other fishermans fishing licences, it does not have to be a bailiff
G_Man

23rd Jun 10 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never ever been checked for fishing license, or club cards etc...
Minty_Fresh

25th Jun 10 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for explaining guys, will be buying a license over the weekend

obviously if it doesnt come in time before i go what happends? or do i have to wait?
C2RL R

25th Jun 10 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you're buying online then you'll get a confirmation after the transaction is completed. there will be a number that relates to you only so either write that down or print it out. they say you need to have that number with you if your actual licence card hasn't come yet. this isn't actually true though. the one time i've been asked i had a 2 licences but didn't have them with me. the guy just took my name and postcode and made a quick phone call. he said everything was fine and wished me all the best.
BarnshaW

25th Jun 10 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

environment agency have said you can use the receipt for the licence as proof until it comes through the post.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » fishing license.. 23 database queries in 0.0125949 seconds