corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Overheating 1 litre

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Overheating 1 litre
JuegoVRS

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 10 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa B 1 litre, been perfect everytime I use it on the motorway till today. The needles encroaching on 100, cooling fans not kicking in but the coolant is circulating as it should so not a water pump issue so any other suggestions?

Dunno when the cars coolant was last changed so think when it's in getting welded I'll have the coolant changed. Cars done almost 64k

Help!?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

23rd Jun 10 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be a sticking thermostat. Mine was doing it a while back, took ages to diagnose cos every time it got hot, I'd jump out feel the top hose to check it was circulating and it was. It just seemed to keep sticking every so often then it'd suddenly open at like 97-98 degrees although it did keep getting worse too and hit about 101 a couple of times.

Best way to check would be run it from cold then as it's getting upto 92 degrees (when the stat is supposed to open) keep feeling the top hose and checking the temp gauge. I find Corsa temp gauges move about quite obviously so you'll see it hit 92 degrees then it should start dropping slightly as the coolant starts to circulate and the top hose should get warm. If it hits 92 and keeps climbing, with the top hose staying cool then it'll be a sticking stat.

My 1.2 16v uses the same stat as yours and I've replaced mine twice now so they're not uncommon
JuegoVRS

23rd Jun 10 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for that mate, will give it a try tomorrow

New Poll